POSH v HUDDERSFIELD

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v HUDDERSFIELD

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Huddersfield Town Tuesday November 2nd. (KO 7:45)

REFEREE: KEITH STROUD

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Sam Lewis and Akil Howson

Fourth Official: Thomas Bramall
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Re: POSH v HUDDERSFIELD

Post by ashman »

Three points on Tuesday and the gloom will be temporarily erased!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

As I said in the predictions thread, has their unbeaten run come to an end yet, or do the games they lose not count towards the figures.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 09:55 As I said in the predictions thread, has their unbeaten run come to an end yet, or do the games they lose not count towards the figures.
I think they are still unbeaten! :D
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

A must win for us because:-

a) Our away form is so atrocious that we must win home games
b) It's Fulham next
c) We need to stay within touching distance of lower mid-table
d) Barnsley and Cardiff have sacked managers looking for the new manager "bounce"

I assume we are not going to treat Huddersfield as Real madrid
NewToIt

Post by NewToIt »

Kent on the bench again, how many goals does Edwards have to give away before Kent is brought back on?
Obviously I appreciate it Edwards is played to prop up DMac’s hype of Edwards to try and generate a price, but what’s best, points or potential cash?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

NewToIt wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 20:34 Kent on the bench again, how many goals does Edwards have to give away before Kent is brought back on?
Obviously I appreciate it Edwards is played to prop up DMac’s hype of Edwards to try and generate a price, but what’s best, points or potential cash?
Problem is not Edwards, it's Kent...he's been rubbish so far.

0-0 H/T and we are hanging in there although I don't think their goal was offside so we got away with one. Grant playing well in a free role but Taylor and Norburn so deep....not a bad half...need a little more up front for sure
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

stumpy wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 21:36
NewToIt wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 20:34 Kent on the bench again, how many goals does Edwards have to give away before Kent is brought back on?
Problem is not Edwards, it's Kent...he's been rubbish so far.

0-0 H/T and we are hanging in there although I don't think their goal was offside so we got away with one. Grant playing well in a free role but Taylor and Norburn so deep....not a bad half...need a little more up front for sure
EDIT: He was not offside....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Oh FFS....sloppy, sloppy goal and Edwards at fault there
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

GET IN...JCH and what a cross from Burrows...come on Posh, lets go and win it
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

1-1 will take the point but, we needed all 3
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

What a load of tosh, he is our best defender by a country mile, if Kent needs to come back in, it has to be in place of either Thompson or Beevers.

ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 23:05
What a load of tosh, he is our best defender by a country mile, if Kent needs to come back in, it has to be in place of either Thompson or Beevers.
Absolutely bristle. Kent needs to bide his time unfortunately.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I’ve seen the disallowed goal again, and we certainly got away with one, if that was offside I’m a monkeys uncle and Tony Blair was the best PM this country has ever seen

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

bristleposh wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 23:05
We have been much more solid at the back since the return of Beevers who is a great defender, but I am not confident when he is “playing out” from the back. Edwards is far better at this already and although he will make defensive mistakes he will keep getting better.