SWANSEA v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: SWANSEA v POSH

Post by bristleposh »

Why on earth can’t you just accept that we were beaten by a far better side on the day. I often hear talk of false positions, which is exactly what Swansea are at the moment, on that form
Last edited by bristleposh on 01 Nov 2021, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 22:06 Why on earth can’t you just accept that we were beaten by a far better side on the day. I often here talk of false positions, which is exactly what Swansea are at the moment, on that form
He is incapable of striking up his 'pooter without having a go at Posh. He really is a sad individual! :evil:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 07:09
bristleposh wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 22:06 Why on earth can’t you just accept that we were beaten by a far better side on the day. I often hear talk of false positions, which is exactly what Swansea are at the moment, on that form
He is incapable of striking up his 'pooter without having a go at Posh. He really is a sad individual! :evil:
I'm afraid he is much the same as every other Posh fan in Christendom, You only have to look at Dotnet, Twitter, or Facebook to get a picture that probably three-quarters of Posh fans think there is only one team on a football pitch and that if the team in BLUE (or Black on Saturday) lose then they have been responsible for their own result, never any credit given to the opposition. They outfought us (when we looked dangerous they put their bodies on the line, 2 bookings to Nil) they outthought us, and in the end, they totally outplayed us, making us look extremely poor, which, to be fair we were.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I suppose the question should be Bristle are Posh capable at playing at the level that Swansea did? If we are then it should be classified as a very poor performance on Saturday. I wasn't there for reasons I've documented, so am asking a genuine question not trying to stir anything up.

If we win tomorrow then it's 3 wins from 4 which I'd take every day of the week for each 4 game set (as I'm sure we all would)
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 15:05 I suppose the question should be Bristle are Posh capable at playing at the level that Swansea did? If we are then it should be classified as a very poor performance on Saturday. I wasn't there for reasons I've documented, so am asking a genuine question not trying to stir anything up.

If we win tomorrow then it's 3 wins from 4 which I'd take every day of the week for each 4 game set (as I'm sure we all would)
I don't' think that Posh are capable of rising to the levels that Swansea did on Saturday. They were really good. However we are a different team at home (as are Swansea when they play away) and I am hopeful that we can put a dent in their totally unbeaten run! HA! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Boy oh boy do we have some clueless supporters.

So, read this from Swanny in the Telegraph - https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... nd-3438964 - he is right. (almost word for word what I was saying by the way)

As long as you think we don't belong in the championship or that we are small club punching above our weight, you will forever be able to deal with getting hammered by a mid-table team. It is no coincidence that Cardiff and Barnsley have sacked their manager but Hull and Posh haven't (Derby is just weird) ...they expect better, they expect more.

Our manager royally screwed up Saturday - his decision around Harrison Burrows was horrendous....his decision to play Burrows and Kanu but then sit Norburn and Taylor so deep that we invited Swancelona onto us was very poor...we showed zero fight, zero courage, zero imagination...

For some on here, that's all ok because we are a small club...it's not OK...we may go down, we will lose games but to do it in the manner we witnessed on Saturday is embarrassing and should not be accepted.....at the very least, we should be fighting and organized every minute of every game...bottom line, we were out managed, outfought, out claased and out thought...NOT GOOD ENOUGH....spoke to a couple of Swansea fans yesterday (my wife is from Wales) and they were astounded at how poor we were...they expected a 100mph battle, they got a stroll in the park
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Swansea are a mid-table team, seventeen points adrift of Bournemouth, with whom we drew. Given that we started the match three points behind Swansea I don't understand the deferential forelock-tugging in their direction: they made us look poor, and scored three goals against us, which is what Luton, Reading, Coventry, and Sheffield United (six) did.

The manager observed: 'Our brains went to mince after the second goal.' I hope he doesn't incur the wrath of those who feel negative comments are unhelpful. His contribution to the mince was, presumably, the 45th-minute substitution of Burrows for Butler. This comes after the manager had observed of Dembele's winner at Hull:‘Siriki was sensational after he scored. That’s why you leave him on the pitch.’ Except against Middlesbrough, apparently.

The apparent decision to 'settle' for a three-goal defeat contrasts somewhat with Cardiff's second-half fightback at Stoke. Having lost their previous eight games, the Bluebirds must have looked like pie-filling when they fell three goals behind; instead, they rallied for a draw. Stoke are ninth, four places above Swansea.

Can anyone explain to me why Beevers was ambling back from the opposition half as Swansea were setting up their first goal? Why was he in their half in the first place at that stage of the game? The transformation into cerebral mince didn't start for another eleven minutes.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

JohnC wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 17:35 Swansea are a mid-table team, seventeen points adrift of Bournemouth, with whom we drew. Given that we started the match three points behind Swansea I don't understand the deferential forelock-tugging in their direction: they made us look poor, and scored three goals against us, which is what Luton, Reading, Coventry, and Sheffield United (six) did.

The manager observed: 'Our brains went to mince after the second goal.' I hope he doesn't incur the wrath of those who feel negative comments are unhelpful. His contribution to the mince was, presumably, the 45th-minute substitution of Burrows for Butler. This comes after the manager had observed of Dembele's winner at Hull:‘Siriki was sensational after he scored. That’s why you leave him on the pitch.’ Except against Middlesbrough, apparently.

The apparent decision to 'settle' for a three-goal defeat contrasts somewhat with Cardiff's second-half fightback at Stoke. Having lost their previous eight games, the Bluebirds must have looked like pie-filling when they fell three goals behind; instead, they rallied for a draw. Stoke are ninth, four places above Swansea.

Can anyone explain to me why Beevers was ambling back from the opposition half as Swansea were setting up their first goal? Why was he in their half in the first place at that stage of the game? The transformation into cerebral mince didn't start for another eleven minutes.
100% correct John. I couldn't believe where Beevers was in the first minute of a game when he decided to put on a full 1 man press against one of the best passing sides in the division :roll: It does make you wonder what they spent week talking about in training before the game - Swansea have turned into Chelsea apparently