Posh V QPR

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Posh V QPR

Post by stumpy »

Big game again on Saturday. QPR are 2nd highest goalscorers in the championship although they have shipped a few as well - my mate who is a long time QPR supporter is traveling up expecting a 4-0 victory...says they are dynamite going forward....looking at the table, another 3 points puts us in touch with the pack....if we play like we did last night, I think we lose heavily but play like we did against Bournmouth and we might sneak a win....Ward and Burrows from the start for me and Thompson replacing Knight in the back 3....heart says 1-0 to Posh, head says 5-1 to QPR :shock:
ashman

Re: Posh V QPR

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 14:46 Big game again on Saturday. QPR are 2nd highest goalscorers in the championship although they have shipped a few as well - my mate who is a long time QPR supporter is traveling up expecting a 4-0 victory...says they are dynamite going forward....looking at the table, another 3 points puts us in touch with the pack....if we play like we did last night, I think we lose heavily but play like we did against Bournmouth and we might sneak a win....Ward and Burrows from the start for me and Thompson replacing Knight in the back 3....heart says 1-0 to Posh, head says 5-1 to QPR :shock:
Burrows did affect the game but as usual Ward did nothing, being scared of his own shadow. There is a player in there but it is hiding and is reluctant to show his face. Thompson and Knight both played last night and I assume that you are merely suggesting a shift in positions for them both. FWIW, Knight is still one of our weaker players at the moment. What has happened to this lad since he left Wycombe?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Queens Park Rangers Saturday 23rd October(15:00)

REFEREE: JARRED GILLET

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Shaun Hudson and Richard Wild

Fourth Official:
Gavin Ward
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 15:03
stumpy wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 14:46 Big game again on Saturday. QPR are 2nd highest goalscorers in the championship although they have shipped a few as well - my mate who is a long time QPR supporter is traveling up expecting a 4-0 victory...says they are dynamite going forward....looking at the table, another 3 points puts us in touch with the pack....if we play like we did last night, I think we lose heavily but play like we did against Bournmouth and we might sneak a win....Ward and Burrows from the start for me and Thompson replacing Knight in the back 3....heart says 1-0 to Posh, head says 5-1 to QPR :shock:
Burrows did affect the game but as usual Ward did nothing, being scared of his own shadow. There is a player in here but it is hiding and is reluctant to show his face. Thompson and Knight both played last night and I assume that you are merely suggesting a shift in positions for them both. FWIW, Knight is still one of our weaker players at the moment. What has happened to this lad since he left Wycombe?
I would drop Knight, move Thompson into the right of a back 3 and bring Ward in as wing back
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

The last of JCHs ban, hopefully he is fit enough to get back in the side at Swansea

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 22:03 The last of JCHs ban, hopefully he is fit enough to get back in the side at Swansea
Here, here. I just hope that we don't rely on hoofing the ball forwards to him at every opportunity. We have shown that playing the ball out on the floor, using Edwards as a starter, has been the way to play and we have been quite successful with this in the early stages of play. We just need that cutting edge in the last third. We need JCH, not as a target man who is superb with his head, (he isn't, he may win balls pumped forward by the keeper but how many goals has he actually scored with his head? Not many I would wager.) His strength is in holding up the ball and finishing with his strong left foot.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 22:03 The last of JCHs ban, hopefully he is fit enough to get back in the side at Swansea
He hasn't scored from open play this season so doesn't warrant a starting place for me bristle. Sammie has scored more goals from open play in 45 mins than JC-H has. To come back for pre-season unfit and overweight is frankly a disgrace for a professional footballer but he gets rewarded with a starting place regardless. We should have sold him in the summer.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Seven of JCH's thirty-one L1 goals last season came from headers; a respectable tally, in my view. He won headers in the build-up to both goals against Derby, and in the first goal against Cardiff; none of these was from a ball 'pumped forward by the keeper'. He looked sprightly enough on the fast break with Dembele, whom he set up for the second goal against Cardiff.
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

Butler is awful
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gazza8 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 15:48 Butler is awful
That's the way! :shock: :oops:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 17:01
He did have an awful couple of minutes at Hull, to be fair. Think I might like to see the lad from Eastleigh given a start in his correct position.

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 17:08
He did have an awful couple of minutes at Hull, to be fair. Think I might like to see the lad from Eastleigh given a start in his correct position.
Burrows all the way for me....has been mightily impressive
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 21:00
bristleposh wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 17:08
Burrows all the way for me....has been mightily impressive
I was thinking of right back

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (5.04 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Ward in for Knight, Burrows in for Butler