Posh V QPR

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Posh V QPR

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 21:32
bristleposh wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 18:01 Excellent result, would love to see that first disallowed goal again, I thought he was on. There was another offside given a little after that against Posh . Despite the hatred against Kanu from a certain website, I think the lad slotted in well, and kept that side in the game.
Totally agree with you about Kanu - showed Ward how to play that role! :clap2:
He didn't show Ward anything....Joe had a good game today and did a lot of work, Idris came on and played very well.....he's still pretty young and, as Fergie states, he needs to improve when further up the pitch - still buzzing :clap:
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 22:47
ashman wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 21:32
bristleposh wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 18:01 Excellent result, would love to see that first disallowed goal again, I thought he was on. There was another offside given a little after that against Posh . Despite the hatred against Kanu from a certain website, I think the lad slotted in well, and kept that side in the game.
Totally agree with you about Kanu - showed Ward how to play that role! :clap2:
He didn't show Ward anything....Joe had a good game today and did a lot of work, Idris came on and played very well.....he's still pretty young and, as Fergie states, he needs to improve when further up the pitch - still buzzing :clap:
Joe improved on his recent performances but is still well shy of his proper form. Hopefully the 52 minutes he had yesterday will give him renewed confidence in his abilities. It sounds as if he was carrying a knock before he was subbed off.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Let’s here the opinions of the experts https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpqHI3pWaI the disallowed Sammie goal about 2-36 in this blog. Szmodics has come off the line before the ball is headed by Beevers, even if Sammie gets his head on it he s not offside, if he hasn’t touched it then no way is it offside because he’s not interfering.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 18:00 Let’s here the opinions of the experts https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpqHI3pWaI the disallowed Sammie goal about 2-36 in this blog. Szmodics has come off the line before the ball is headed by Beevers, even if Sammie gets his head on it he s not offside, if he hasn’t touched it then no way is it offside because he’s not interfering.
He touched it!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 00:18
bristleposh wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 18:00 Let’s here the opinions of the experts https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpqHI3pWaI the disallowed Sammie goal about 2-36 in this blog. Szmodics has come off the line before the ball is headed by Beevers, even if Sammie gets his head on it he s not offside, if he hasn’t touched it then no way is it offside because he’s not interfering.
He touched it!
In my opinion he wasn’t offside, even if he has touched it because he’d come off the line before Beevers headed it (which I’m fairly sure he did), and there were two defenders left behind on the line. I feel QPR got away with one there, not that it matters because of the result, and that the linesman (RA) got one wrong.

ashman

Post by ashman »

Should have gone to Specsavers mate! You're seeing black socks in your vision! Check again picture number 5. It clearly shows Sammie and keeper about the same level but there were no other black shirts (or socks!) between him and the goalline. The photo was taken within a millisecond of Beevers header and then Sammie touched it in. You can see on his face that he realised he should maybe have left the ball from Beevers to go in on its own! Oops, schoolboy mistake by Sammie!
'Cape United' the experts! I think not!!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 16:23 Should have gone to Specsavers mate! You're seeing black socks in your vision! Check again picture number 5. It clearly shows Sammie and keeper about the same level but there were no other black shirts (or socks!) between him and the goalline. The photo was taken within a millisecond of Beevers header and then Sammie touched it in. You can see on his face that he realised he should maybe have left the ball from Beevers to go in on its own! Oops, schoolboy mistake by Sammie!
'Cape United' the experts! I think not!!
I was looking on my phone and the socks I thought were black were probably Dembeles