Middlesbrough v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Middlesbrough v Posh

Post by Brianposh »

PoshCynic wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 21:22
Brianposh wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:20 Darren hopefully is going nowhere and Darragh will not sack him.
Sadly, Brian, in that situation it is my belief that League 1 beckons. DF has shown no sign that he can manage successfully at Championship level and the Chairman will not accept that there are other persons who might do a better job.
Me thinks we are continually trying to succeed without spending REAL money............or spending it in the wrong direction. :(
I must add we must, really must,...... remain solvent.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 22:05
Brianposh wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:20 Darren hopefully is going nowhere and Darragh will not sack him.
Sadly, Brian, in that situation it is my belief that League 1 beckons. DF has shown no sign that he can manage successfully at Championship level and the Chairman will not accept that there are other persons who might do a better job.
Me thinks we are continually trying to succeed without spending REAL money............or spending it in the wrong direction. :(
Remaining solvent is the number one priority. We can not do this if we continually demand that really huge sums are spent on players. The only way we can survive in this division is to hope that the existing players and the staff begin to excel above their stations. Sacking the manager is a non starter; there is no one better to manage us than Darren Ferguson.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

ashman wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 04:28

Remaining solvent is the number one priority. We can not do this if we continually demand that really huge sums are spent on players. The only way we can survive in this division is to hope that the existing players and the staff begin to excel above their stations. Sacking the manager is a non starter; there is no one better to manage us than Darren Ferguson.
How can you possibly know that? Remaining solvent is necessary but are we really solvent now? If directors loans were called in how would that money be raised?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 04:28

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth....that is just wrong
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Solvent or Successful? Unfortunately for clubs like the size of ours, both are not going to be achievable, especially at this level.