POSH v BRISTOL CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v BRISTOL CITY

Post by ashman »

As Fergie and everyone keeps saying, we need to win this one! Well yes but I don't wholey subscribe to this although it would be great if we did. We seem to be slowly learning how to play in this league and it is going to take some time before we can confidently predict how matches could turn out.

Peterborough United v Bristol City Saturday 2nd October (KO 15:00)

REFEREE: DAVID COOTE

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Neil Davies and Akil Howson

Fourth Official: Dean Whitestone
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: POSH v BRISTOL CITY

Post by bristleposh »

Obviously I’d love us to win this one, any of the grandchildren and kids who have any interest in football are Robins fans. I think an unchanged starting line up, then replace either of the front three with Coventry for our next away fixture

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 18:10 Obviously I’d love us to win this one, any of the grandchildren and kids who have any interest in football are Robins fans. I think an unchanged starting line up, then replace either of the front three with Coventry for our next away fixture
Nah, they got stuffed 5-0 by Luton last night! :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 19:33
bristleposh wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 18:10 Obviously I’d love us to win this one, any of the grandchildren and kids who have any interest in football are Robins fans. I think an unchanged starting line up, then replace either of the front three with Coventry for our next away fixture
Nah, they got stuffed 5-0 by Luton last night! :wink:
Very good

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I am with Fergie, this is a must win...I would drop JCH for Szmodics move Burrows into the Grant position and Ward back on the right....2-0 to the Posh!!

Hopefully our gobby Chairman will stop with his "I'm a real MAN" and "real men don't get sick" rubbish...his criticism of Joe Ward was unwarranted and ugly - just like his politics
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

How does bringing his political bias assist in any way. Or am I being racist misogynistic homophobic and any other ist/ic you care to throw at me

ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 22:14 I am with Fergie, this is a must win...I would drop JCH for Szmodics move Burrows into the Grant position and Ward back on the right....2-0 to the Posh!!
Well you would. I'm glad you don't pick the team! :wink:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

stumpy wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 22:14 I am with Fergie, this is a must win...I would drop JCH for Szmodics move Burrows into the Grant position and Ward back on the right....2-0 to the Posh!!

Hopefully our gobby Chairman will stop with his "I'm a real MAN" and "real men don't get sick" rubbish...his criticism of Joe Ward was unwarranted and ugly - just like his politics
I did think that as a bit naughty to have a go at Ward. Would he have preferred Ward to stay on & make an error due to not being able to get there quick enough. No mention of Teflon JC-Hs non performance though.

I do like DMac's weekly podcast and it's usually compulsive listening but naughty to criticize one of his own players in public without knowing the full story
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Dai Cornell, Dan Butler, Frankie Kent, Ronnie Edwards, Nathan Thompson, Joe Ward, Oliver Norburn, Conor Coventry, Harrison Burrows, Siriki Dembele,

Subs: Will Blackmore, Jack Taylor, Jorge Grant, Josh Knight, Kwame Poku, Idris Kanu, Joe Tomlinson

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 00:07
Well you would. I'm glad you don't pick the team! :wink:
I'll accept your apology later...good job I know what I am talking about isn't it :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by stumpy on 02 Oct 2021, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 09:07

I did think that as a bit naughty to have a go at Ward. Would he have preferred Ward to stay on & make an error due to not being able to get there quick enough. No mention of Teflon JC-Hs non performance though.

I do like DMac's weekly podcast and it's usually compulsive listening but naughty to criticize one of his own players in public without knowing the full story
Can't stand the blokee....pleased he's been our chairman but he's not my cup of tea....Trump supporting, "I'm so self made and clever" rubbish....MEANWHILE,.,....SZMODICS :clap:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

2-2 at H/T as we, once again, concede one and then another in quick succession....good going forward and SZMODICS two great finishes...the defence has been quite poor and it could just be that we are not compact enough for a championship team....however, we are set to go on and win this one....Thompson, Kent, Cornell and Edwards need to step up their game 2nd half but Norburn and Coventry also need to control the midfield more...pretty good first half of football and JCH not missed at all....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I do miss Jack Taylor.....except I thought he was at fault for their 3rd goal.....we are in trouble
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

we can't keep conceding 3 goals and expect to win...great effort and really unlucky to lose this one but with Hull winning and Forest showing that a real championship level manager can change things, we are 2nd from bottom and Derby are catching up....
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 16:55 we can't keep conceding 3 goals and expect to win...great effort and really unlucky to lose this one but with Hull winning and Forest showing that a real championship level manager can change things, we are 2nd from bottom and Derby are catching up....
That's the way! :shock: