POSH v BRISTOL CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: POSH v BRISTOL CITY

Post by bristleposh »

Think we deserved a penalty when Burrows was taken out with a charge that would have been more at home in the WWE ring

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 18:23 Think we deserved a penalty when Burrows was taken out with a charge that would have been more at home in the WWE ring
I thought so as well
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I never thought in a million years that we would be in the position we are in after 11 games. I thought we would be where Blackpool are (they dont seem to be finding the gulf between the leagues that we seem to find)...defensively, we were a shambles today, Thompson, Edwards (who looked like an 18 year old today) Kent and Cornell were not good enough - I thought Butler gave it a go....unpopular as it may be, I don't think Norburn is good enough and Coventry does not play like a premiership bound midfielder - he reminds me of the Ryan Tunnicliffe loan last time around....impressive but not premiership quality....we have a lot of sorting out to do....Beevers might help the defence.

Their GK showed how to save a brilliant free kick, Pym lets them in every time....Cornell looks a bit 3rd division but does make some good saves....all in all, a sickening result but, Bristol City looked threatening through much of the game and we really needed the killer goal...I thought they had another gear whereas we were at 12,000RPM and burning out

make no mistake, we are in trouble...Fergie knows it and I think the players know it....we desperately need a couple of flukey 1-0 wins.....
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

BC a poor team, yet we still lost. Ronnie ‘Stadium’ is either a sweeper or ‘Kante, but def not a CH in a partnership. Dropping to RB when we try and play out is not working, even against today’s opponents.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

I imagine that Bristol City's all-white starting eleven must be something of a rarity in these polychromatic times.
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Maybe we need to look higher than Fergie for some of the problems.

We did some terrible business in the transfer window but there was one man who was insisting it was really good.

One man who is never shy to find a platform for himself in the good times

One man who is now appearing quick to move on the blame when it starts heading his way.

Probably not a popular opinion on here but the Chairman has to be held up for what he has been directing. Fergie is not perfect and deserves scrutiny for some weird decisions. But the message from the top is not adding up after seven defeats from eleven matches, conceding the most goals and only a team with a severe points deduction below us who would otherwise be mid table.

Hot air will not keep us up. It didn't before.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Cheryl wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 15:48 Maybe we need to look higher than Fergie for some of the problems.

We did some terrible business in the transfer window but there was one man who was insisting it was really good.

One man who is never shy to find a platform for himself in the good times

One man who is now appearing quick to move on the blame when it starts heading his way.

Probably not a popular opinion on here but the Chairman has to be held up for what he has been directing. Fergie is not perfect and deserves scrutiny for some weird decisions. But the message from the top is not adding up after seven defeats from eleven matches, conceding the most goals and only a team with a severe points deduction below us who would otherwise be mid table.

Hot air will not keep us up. It didn't before.
I was listening to the excellent "Totally Football League Show" podcast and as they were discussing the Derby financial situation, one of the pundits commented "no-one goes into owning a football club wanting to make money"....DMac is sounding a little desperate today...suggesting Szmodics is a proven player at this level is simply bizarre...suggesting others need to "grow up buttercup" and "take off the stabilizers" is straight from the Donald Trump play book of "deflect" and "never admit you are wrong"....It's only 11 games and the indications are not good but, we can pull thgis around - at this stage a couple of wins would ease the growing tension albeit, our recruitment looks to have been a bit cheap and dodgy at this point...maybe some will come very good as the season progresses...by all accounts, Hull were massively lucky to beat Middlesboro 2-0 on Saturday and we just need that bit of luck....as for Fergie, DMac cannot work with anyone else so he's all we have