Posh v Bournemouth

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Posh v Bournemouth

Post by ashman »

Well? Pack the midfield and defence and try to catch them on the break?

or

Go full tilt at them, get an early goal and then sit back?

or

Get the early goal and then push home the advantage?

:comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: Posh v Bournemouth

Post by bristleposh »

At home the third system, away from home option 1, but go for 2

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I think we have to go full tilt and press hard....I would take out JCH and put in Szmodics if only for the mobility up front to harass and bother them...get a goal and keep going....in other words, they are premiership bound and we have to play this like an FA Cup 3rd round tie as the lower league team giving it 150% for 95 minutes....anything less and could be an absolute drubbing
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 19:30 I think we have to go full tilt and press hard....I would take out JCH and put in Szmodics if only for the mobility up front to harass and bother them...get a goal and keep going....in other words, they are premiership bound and we have to play this like an FA Cup 3rd round tie as the lower league team giving it 150% for 95 minutes....anything less and could be an absolute drubbing
Tend to agree with that, but I would then fear for the game against Bristol City on Saturday.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Playing Bournemouth should not fear us with dread, Follow the facts, in that dreadful season, ending at Palace, it is worth remembering an often overlooked fact, that we lost home and away to Bristol City who finished bottom, yet we won home and away to Cardiff City who finished top.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Surely we want people to panic buy tickets don't we???? kerching for the club £££££££££££££££££££ :D
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Looks like Dembele is doubtful - maybe Burrows on the left? JCH available for 2 more games before appeal is heard (and rejected).....
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Just the ones he change tonight in comes Burrows for Ward

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

JC-H keeps his place again, we must be expecting to be awarded a penalty tonight then!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

0-0 H/T.....well played Posh, great effort and some nice passing moves...Burrows very good and Jack Taylor excellent....not sure how Grant missed that chance...I have to say that JCH is the weakest link...
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Wonderful preface by all bar one, Taylor deserves to be on the winning side.

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

0-0 and really hung on for that point with a great defensive performance but we didn't look like scoring at all in the second half - if we win Saturday, it will be a good week....back in the relegation zone unfortunately as Forest win at Barnsley...we need some points asap....
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 21:42 0-0 and really hung on for that point with a great defensive performance but we didn't look like scoring at all in the second half - if we win Saturday, it will be a good week....back in the relegation zone unfortunately as Forest win at Barnsley...we need some points asap....
Don’t be greedy, that was a brilliant result. We didn’t look like scoring but neither did they in truth. Thompson man of the match for me, although Butler, Kent, Edwards, Cornell all deserve mention as did Taylor and Burrows for their first half show.

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I'm a little greedy as we lost points against Cardiff and West Brom and our away form is so poor, there is real pressure on getting wins....having said that, really good point for us against a very good side who did have a couple of big chances that Cornell saved/Solanke missed...I thought the back 5 were truly brilliant