Posh v Bournemouth

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Posh v Bournemouth

Post by Brianposh »

Well done Posh, they worked hard for that point.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 23:04 Well done Posh, they worked hard for that point.
They certainly did Brian. They also showed a lot more ruthlessness about their play and were not averse to playing a touch dirty at times. I know that is not what we really look for in a performance but when your backs are up against a wall, as we are at present, then that is what you sometimes have to resort to.
Very well done Posh!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Suffolkposh

Post by Suffolkposh »

bristleposh wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 21:49
Don’t be greedy, that was a brilliant result. We didn’t look like scoring but neither did they in truth. Thompson man of the match for me, although Butler, Kent, Edwards, Cornell all deserve mention as did Taylor and Burrows for their first half show.
Only one criticism I have on the back 4 last night is that I wish Butler would realise which way is forwards. Several chances he had to push the ball through or down the line but he always chose to stop and play it back.
Apart from that it was a goos performance and result. JMHO
Last edited by Suffolkposh on 30 Sep 2021, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as "Fenman25"
Winner in Prediction League 2017-18, 2018-19
Runner-up in Prediction League 2013-14
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Suffolkposh wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 11:49
bristleposh wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 21:49
Don’t be greedy, that was a brilliant result. We didn’t look like scoring but neither did they in truth. Thompson man of the match for me, although Butler, Kent, Edwards, Cornell all deserve mention as did Taylor and Burrows for their first half show.
Only one criticism I have on the back 4 last night is that I wish Butler would realise which way is forwards. Several chances he had to push the ball through or down the line but he always chose to stop and play it back.
Apart from the it was a goos performance and result. JMHO
I have said that exact same things many times in the past trouble is, his right foot is solely for standing on, if he turns to face infield, straightaway he has lessened his options to passing either across or back.
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Really good point against a good team who'll be in the top 2 or 3 this season. Nothing upfront as usual but have come to expect that now to be honest. Sammie needs to start as he works his b0llocks off and doesn't spend the whole time moaning at everyone else like someone else does. He might even win a header which would be one more than the current 'striker'