Coventry v Posh Fri 24/09/21

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

As we have been riding the crest of a slump just lately, that is at least until last Saturday. I was interested to read that Coventry this season at home are four wins from four, whilst Posh are four defeats from four. We have never won at the Ricoh, and our last victory in Coventry came in 1961, a 3-1 success. Have we a forward line that could compete with, Hails, Emery, Bly, Smith and McNamee.I hope so but very much doubt it. Especially without Jones, Marriott and potentially Clarke-Harris.
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
ashman

Re: Coventry v Posh Fri 24/09/21

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 09:56 As we have been riding the crest of a slump just lately, that is at least until last Saturday. I was interested to read that Coventry this season at home are four wins from four, whilst Posh are four defeats from four. We have never won at the Ricoh, and our last victory in Coventry came in 1961, a 3-1 success. Have we a forward line that could compete with, Hails, Emery, Bly, Smith and McNamee.I hope so but very much doubt it. Especially without Jones, Marriott and potentially Clarke-Harris.
That's the way! :shock: :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Just quoting facts, I’m sorry if those facts are disagreeable
SmithAdam

Post by SmithAdam »

Unless I am missing something, in which case I apologise - but a decision/ban has still not been issued for Jono’s case with the FA?
ashman

Post by ashman »

SmithAdam wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 17:25 Unless I am missing something, in which case I apologise - but a decision/ban has still not been issued for Jono’s case with the FA?
Nearly 6.00pm and still no decision!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
travellingman

Match Preview v Coventry

Post by travellingman »

Good to see Posh back in Championship.

My charity website on its Facebook page has a preview of your tomorrow evening match,

Please feel free to view same by visiting www.footballcities.co.uk and clicking on the Facebook link.

The website has been remodelled during Covid so you might like to check out the Peterborough page and the Coventry page which has some interesting and useful info.

Enjoy the match.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Good old Flashscores we have a new manager:-

"Coventry City have established themselves as one of the surprise packages of the 2021/22 Championship season after equalling their best eight-game start in any division since their 1992/93 Premier League campaign (W5, D1, L2). They sit firmly in the top six going into this Friday evening clash and are on track for a third promotion in five years under Mark Robins.
Their current form means they’re being backed by the bookies, and notably have a perfect record as pre-match favourites this season. So do the visitors, but the host's record is much more impressive with five wins compared with Peterborough United’s one. The ‘Sky Blues’ also boast one of the league’s more impermeable defences, conceding less than 1.5 goals in all but one league encounter so far.
Sadly for Peterborough, their pre-season tag as relegation favourites has been justified to date (W2, D1, L5). Whilst they’re four points better off than what they were after their first eight matches of their last Championship campaign, it won’t be enough to ease fears that the same relegation fate can be avoided, although Derby County’s impending points deduction will lift them out of the relegation zone for at least a week!
The visitors’ 3-0 home victory over Birmingham City saw manager Darren Robinson overtake former-coach Barry Fry to secure the record of overseeing more Peterborough matches than any other manager. His next step will be trying to get his team’s tumultuous year back on track as they aim to secure their first points of the road.
Players to watch: Coventry’s Viktor Gyökeres became the second man of 2021/22 to open the scoring in three consecutive Championship matches, whilst Johnson Clarke-Harris has scored in two of Peterborough’s last three league games.
Hot stat: The home side on the day has scored before half-time in just one of the last nine H2Hs."

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/match/GEFe ... ch-summary
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Posh appeal JCH sanctions and he will play tonight :clap:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Team the very same as Saturday starting line up .....COME ON THE POSH!!!!....Kanu drops off subs bench for Poku
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

What a game this is.....end to end stuff....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

We are struggling to hold the ball...JCH arguing with Dembele....need Taylor/Norburn to get a grip on the midfield...we are doing well to hang in and hit on the counter attack but havent really threatened
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Half Time 0-0....bloody hell, how we survived that without conceding I will never know :-) Fantastic effort especially Edwards and Butler at the back....not a lot going on up front unless it's Dembele....I think Szmodics for Grant might help out there but, we are in it and we are not outclassed at all....COME ON POSH
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Poku coming on for Joe Ward ....interesting.....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Losing 1-0 and, let's be honest, we have been desperate...I can't understand why Poku is on unless Ward is injured...also, Coventry for Norburn who looks spend and Szmodics for Grant please ......it was a goal coming for a long time
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

2-0 and how our manager cannot see what is going on is astounding...