Coventry v Posh Fri 24/09/21

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Coventry v Posh Fri 24/09/21

Post by stumpy »

3-0 as midfield gifts them a goal.....sorry Fergie but he's been over run and you are not good enough
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Coventry on for Taylor....so reactive - needed changing a long while before...in all honesty, this is a drubbing
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Finally Fergie takes off Grant for Burrows....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Although he wasn't at his best, Joe Ward going off was a big loss on the right
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

JCH is no more a championship striker than I am .....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Dembele looking in a lot of pain....that's all we need
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

You’re quite cheery tonight, is it because we are losing. You were saying how good we were just six days ago. I couldn’t watch today I was stuck without VPN because my computer played up and as I was stuck in England I couldn’t watch. It sounded quite even first half, I can only assume or at leat hope Ward was injured. The difference came after that first substitution, if he wasn’t injured, why the fk did he make a change. What has Szmodics done? Has he slept with Fergie new wife. Surely he’d have been a better option. As it turned out he couldn’t have been worse. Feel sorry for the thousand plus that made the journey to watch us do our usual away surrender.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

I did not see any of the play, but listened to the commentary on the radio.
I do not wish to ever hear again the sentence,....'Posh have misplaced a pass again direct to a Coventry player'. No excuses.
Last edited by Brianposh on 25 Sep 2021, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I notice once again that Dotnet is in meltdown, I have to say listening to them, I wonder how long before the blinkered start turning. You can’t keep accepting garbage all the time, I still think the team from 61 would have put up a better show and sadly most of them are dead.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I think we’d have been better off without an appeal, maybe starting Szmodics as a false nine

JohnC

Post by JohnC »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 21:50 You’re quite cheery tonight, is it because we are losing. You were saying how good we were just six days ago. I couldn’t watch today I was stuck without VPN because my computer played up and as I was stuck in England I couldn’t watch. It sounded quite even first half, I can only assume or at leat hope Ward was injured. The difference came after that first substitution, if he wasn’t injured, why the fk did he make a change. What has Szmodics done? Has he slept with Fergie new wife. Surely he’d have been a better option. As it turned out he couldn’t have been worse. Feel sorry for the thousand plus that made the journey to watch us do our usual away surrender.
I noticed that Szmodics hurried off the pitch at the final whistle against Birmingham and took no part in acknowledging the fans. I doubt if his sojourn on the bench at Coventry will have improved his mood.
andy1975

Post by andy1975 »

I was at the game tonight and so firstly the wingers we had had absolutely no use at all.there wingers just killed us completely as we gave them so much space to come forward without our wingers coming back.they passed to there wingers so accurately it was fantastic and as usual our passing was the usual rubbish and we just invited trouble and added more pressure to our defence line.needs to play a more defensive system away from home.forget the wingers and play 4 in midfield,one striker and put Knight in as an extra defender
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I was in such a good mood after Birmingham, we finally showed that the players are good enough and can hold their own (to be fair, I thought we played well against Cardiff and West Brom as well)

Tonight, we were hanging on but battling and at 0-0 Half Time, I thought we might just get very lucky and nick a goal. However, as soon as Ward didn't appear, I was a little worried (Fergie said he felt unwell at H/T) - I'm not sure the system was working well before Ward was subbed and it may have been a chance for Fergie to change things up - put Coventry on and shore up the middle for instance or Josh Knight to go 2 defensive midfielders.

Instead, despite not having a shot on goal in the first half, he keeps things the same and we gradually got over run. JCH cleared one off the line, they just missed a free kick and one cross flashed across our goal...still Fergie kept it the same - then they score and we just folded...they dominated the middle of the pitch, used the wing backs and diagonals at will and left Butler, Kent, Edwards and Thompson facing an onslaught...eventually, Fergie subs off Grant and Taylor but it's all WAY TOO LATE....even so, we create our best chance of the game with Burrows racing through to miss a 1:1 with their keeper.

Now, I don't rate Szmodics very highly even though I am aware that he runs around a lot and Posh fans like that but, he would have been better than Grant tonight as we need that energy...Grant seemed lost despite some nice touches (he will be better when we are on top in a game)...

Now, I'm just frustrated because there will be a whole lot of mumblings about not being good enough or being a small club or not being able to compete in the transfer market....all a bit like Coventry really, check the table and see where they are with an assortment of youth and lower league players transferred in....As fergie said in his post match interview, we have the skill, we have the players but, mentally they have to toughen up...he needs to learn quickly as well...
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 00:59

Now, I don't rate Szmodics very highly even though I am aware that he runs around a lot and Posh fans like that but, he would have been better than Grant tonight as we need that energy...Grant seemed lost despite some nice touches (he will be better when we are on top in a game)...

The first line of defence should be attack, it has always been thus, and we have a wonderful player for doing just that, if he is allowed to do the job he is best at, we will stop a lot of the attacks at source. Dembele for all his pretty footwork creates little, Ward out of about every ten crosses he manages to get one in roughly the right place, Surely it would be better to use athletes who will help us to defend from the front than having two home ground players playing away from their home, who contribute virtually nothing away from it.

ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:25
stumpy wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 00:59

The first line of defence should be attack, it has always been thus, and we have a wonderful player for doing just that, if he is allowed to do the job he is best at, we will stop a lot of the attacks at source. Dembele for all his pretty footwork creates little, Ward out of about every ten crosses he manages to get one in roughly the right place, Surely it would be better to use athletes who will help us to defend from the front than having two home ground players playing away from their home, who contribute virtually nothing away from it.
I get that but every time Szmodics has come on or started this season he has looked completely out of it. Ward should have come off earlier or even better not started at all. Burroughs would have been far more effective. When will people learn that Joe Ward is a lovely fella but in the scheme of things, he is very poor at this level.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'