Christy Pym

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Christy Pym

Post by pleasureboy60 »

There were rumours around the ground today that Christy Pym has had his contract cancelled after an altercation with possibly Fergie.
Brianposh

Re: Christy Pym

Post by Brianposh »

Not had Contract cancelled, still at Posh.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 00:18 Not had Contract cancelled, still at Posh.
True, but unlikely to play at Posh again. Fergie is not a very forgiving manager - just like his old man!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
dunc

Post by dunc »

Listening to Fergie's comments after the game suggests that we may have seen the last of Pym!
It seems like Pym's reaction on Tuesday night to being dropped for yesterday's game went a little too far.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

If this has happened under the former manager, there would have been a riot on the forums....it's a poor show all around
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 22:07 If this has happened under the former manager, there would have been a riot on the forums....it's a poor show all around
If it had happened under the previous manager it would have probably been him throwing the boot! :wink:
Here are a group of young men who happen to be highly talented athletes. This is the sort of thing that is almost expected, every now and then. Fergie has acted quickly and firmly and is unlikely to forgive the individual. He must be seen to be in charge and this sort of thing should never be tolerated.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I wonder if Mrs Ferguson feels the same

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 08:08 I wonder if Mrs Ferguson feels the same
I reckon. She was arrested after being caught four times over the limit (200mg of Benzoylecgonine - the metabolite of cocaine - in her system) when the limit is 50mg. She was disqualified for a year, fined £120 and ordered to pay £235 in costs and surcharges.
She sounds a right one!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-12346835
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 08:25
bristleposh wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 08:08 I wonder if Mrs Ferguson feels the same
I reckon. She was arrested after being caught four times over the limit (200mg of Benzoylecgonine - the metabolite of cocaine - in her system) when the limit is 50mg. She was disqualified for a year, fined £120 and ordered to pay £235 in costs and surcharges.
She sounds a right one!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-12346835
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ack-949806

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I wonder if Fergie would have taken the same stance if it was his favourite JC-H who'd kicked off? The same JC-H who spends more time berating his teammates than he does concentrating on his own performance and hasn't scored from open play this season.
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 11:41 I wonder if Fergie would have taken the same stance if it was his favourite JC-H who'd kicked off? The same JC-H who spends more time berating his teammates than he does concentrating on his own performance and hasn't scored from open play this season.
You can guarantee that if anyone threw a boot at him he would have reacted in the same way!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I agree that Fergie responded correctly. What bugs me is that the same people supporting Fergie and his discipline were celebrating a player attacking the former manager....
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Pym must have been sorely provoked. If he was singled out for criticism in front of the other players it was poor man management. He should have been taken aside and spoken to in a one to one situation. He should now seek to be placed on the transfer list when no doubt Posh will seek an unrealistic transfer fee for him.
ashman

Post by ashman »

PoshCynic wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 17:52 Pym must have been sorely provoked. If he was singled out for criticism in front of the other players it was poor man management. He should have been taken aside and spoken to in a one to one situation. He should now seek to be placed on the transfer list when no doubt Posh will seek an unrealistic transfer fee for him.
Really, nobody knows what went on apart from the people concerned. A shame, but the last thing we want is a disruption within the changing room. I just hope this all blows over quickly.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 22:50
PoshCynic wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 17:52 Pym must have been sorely provoked. If he was singled out for criticism in front of the other players it was poor man management. He should have been taken aside and spoken to in a one to one situation. He should now seek to be placed on the transfer list when no doubt Posh will seek an unrealistic transfer fee for him.
Really, nobody knows what went on apart from the people concerned. A shame, but the last thing we want is a disruption within the changing room. I just hope this all blows over quickly.
There has been a lot of speculation though, even down to the people involved in holding Pym back. If the speculation is true then Cynic is absolutely correct, to single out an individual in front of the rest of the team when he was certainly not the worst offender smacks of bad man management. Had it been me in Pym’s shoes I would have immediately walked away and sought to speak to the owner about leaving and let MacAnthony try and sort the situation. Lots of players in the past at virtually all clubs have downed tools and refused to play. It would become a him or me situation and a move away would be the only outcome.