Posh v Birmingham City

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Posh v Birmingham City

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 16:55 Absolutely brilliant performance and brilliant win...some outstanding performances across the entire team but especially Dembele, Grant, Norburn, Edwards, Butler, Thompson and Cornell...and, well done Fergie!!!!
I just hope that you will from now on be a lot more sensible in your posts. As for your team selection? Ha, ha!

Team v Birmingham please:-
Pym (not selected)
Thompson,
Edwards,
Kent,
Ward
Coventry
(sub)

Taylor,
Butler,
Burrows (sub)
Marriott (injured)
Dembele

Subs:

Norburn future captain?
Szmodics
JCH great hold up play
Randall
Grant superb all round display + goal
Knight
Cornell didn't have much to do
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ontheup

Post by ontheup »

That was a performance, well done Posh both management and players thoroughly deserved, now we need to show that level of performance for more than one match,
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Lovely performance by the sound of it on iplayer, sounded like I was listening to a Barcelona match
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 17:39
stumpy wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 16:55 Absolutely brilliant performance and brilliant win...some outstanding performances across the entire team but especially Dembele, Grant, Norburn, Edwards, Butler, Thompson and Cornell...and, well done Fergie!!!!
I just hope that you will from now on be a lot more sensible in your posts. As for your team selection? Ha, ha!

Team v Birmingham please:-
Pym (not selected)
Thompson,
Edwards,
Kent,
Ward
Coventry
(sub)

Taylor,
Butler,
Burrows (sub)
Marriott (injured)
Dembele

Subs:

Norburn future captain?
Szmodics
JCH great hold up play
Randall
Grant superb all round display + goal
Knight
Cornell didn't have much to do
So, my team selection included a GK that was involved in a fracas with the manager and dropped, a forward who we since learned ruptured his hamstring (so I suggested JCH) Norburn instead of Coventry (the latter we have been chasing for months) and Grant instead of Burrows (who actually was replaced by Burrows) ....all in all, pretty much accurate given the data we had (none of knew there was a Steve Evans managerial moment with the GK) I thought Norburn and Grant were excellent by the way...

As for "more sensible"...I call it as I see it, always have....praise when it's due and criticism when it's earned...you seem to be as clueless as some on the other site...I guess one question would be "Why did we have to wait 8 games for a performance like this?"
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Superb team performance. Silenced the noisy away fans immediately (big up to to 4K for turning up to support their team though) and never looked troubled. Particularly impressed with the midfield trio (George/Jack/Oli) and if they are in the next starting 11 at Cov, I’ll be betting on us to win.
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 19:46 As for "more sensible"...I call it as I see it, always have....praise when it's due and criticism when it's earned...you seem to be as clueless as some on the other site...I guess one question would be "Why did we have to wait 8 games for a performance like this?"
The habit of criticising players serves very little useful purpose whatsoever. Players and managers themselves know whether they have played badly or put in a good performance. In most cases it is more profitable to encourage than criticise. You should have gone to Specsavers.

Encouraging that there were nearly 8,000 POSH fans today!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 06:00
stumpy wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 19:46 As for "more sensible"...I call it as I see it, always have....praise when it's due and criticism when it's earned...you seem to be as clueless as some on the other site...I guess one question would be "Why did we have to wait 8 games for a performance like this?"
The habit of criticising players serves very little useful purpose whatsoever. Players and managers themselves know whether they have played badly or put in a good performance. In most cases it is more profitable to encourage than criticise. You should have gone to Specsavers.

Encouraging that there were nearly 8,000 POSH fans today!
Wow, and I thought this was an internet forum for the exchange of points of view and debate...I guess by your rules, Fergie shouldn't have criticized Pym after the Reading game or do you have different rules for people you like/agree with? Funny how football supporters around the world regularly criticize, praise, opine, debate players performances...only on a Posh forum would that be seen as unnecessary...

Strangely, i thought the less than 8,000 Posh fans was a bit disappointing but, a few more wins and performances like that and there will be more

Onwards and upwards!!!
ashman

Post by ashman »

This has been an exchange of views. I consider that encouraging players and the manager is more profitable than singling out the slightest misdemeanour of an individual.
If you were singled out by your boss/friends/family for every little mistake you make because that is the way they see it, then I am sure that your confidence would soon take a tumble. You see the club, be it the players, management or owners in this manner and it can be quite destructive if it is read by individuals.
If you are encouraged and praised for what you have done correctly then that is the way to flourish.
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 22:06 Strangely, i thought the less than 8,000 Posh fans was a bit disappointing but, a few more wins and performances like that and there will be more
11,898 less the 3,965 City fans equals a Posh contingent of fans as 7,933. Read things properly and you will see that I quoted 'Encouraging that there were nearly 8,000 POSH fans today!' 7,933 is nearly 8,000 fans as I see it!
Once again criticising rather than applauding our improved support! :roll:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 05:36
stumpy wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 22:06 Strangely, i thought the less than 8,000 Posh fans was a bit disappointing but, a few more wins and performances like that and there will be more
11,898 less the 3,965 City fans equals a Posh contingent of fans as 7,933. Read things properly and you will see that I quoted 'Encouraging that there were nearly 8,000 POSH fans today!' 7,933 is nearly 8,000 fans as I see it!
You're starting to come across a bit weird...you are encouraged by "almost 8,000 fans" - I am a bit more underwhelmed ...really, nothing to see here...I notice that you ignored the more salient points around forums being for debate and opinion....
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 14:19
ashman wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 05:36
You're starting to come across a bit weird...you are encouraged by "almost 8,000 fans" - I am a bit more underwhelmed ...really, nothing to see here...I notice that you ignored the more salient points around forums being for debate and opinion....
Underwhelmed? No club is going to increase it's crowd attendance much more than that. How many should you expect to be watching ?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I was hoping (as were the commentators on iFollow) that with Birmingham's following, we would be approaching a sell out....no big deal, just not as excited as you by the sub-8,000 home fans...as I said, a few more wins, climb up the league, play the type of football we did on Saturday and we will see more people through the turnstiles...
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 16:49 I was hoping (as were the commentators on iFollow) that with Birmingham's following, we would be approaching a sell out....no big deal, just not as excited as you by the sub-8,000 home fans...as I said, a few more wins, climb up the league, play the type of football we did on Saturday and we will see more people through the turnstiles...
:stupid: Rome wasn't built in a day! :comeon: