Reading v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Reading v Posh

Post by HantsPosh »

If only JC-H put as much effort into his own performance as he does berating everyone else.........not a Championship Striker and we should have sold him in the summer. A one season wonder, nothing more.

Woeful against an equally poor team, 4 defeats out of 4 away and only one win all season. We bring a guy of the bench who played in the Conference last year when we’re 2-1 down and chasing a goal! Hard to find any positives in that tonight.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I know it's difficult, but let's try and be abit more positive.
No one said this was going to be an easy ride.
We are competing against well established teams with huge budgets and quality players.
We have proved at home that we are capable of mixing it with some of the better teams and havnt been outclassed.
We need to show more belief away from home and maybe change the attacking policy to a more defensive approach. The all out attack worked in Div 1 but not this league.
Keep the faith and stop this negativity after just a handful of games.
I can think of at least 48 teams who would swap places with us right now!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 07:27 I know it's difficult, but let's try and be abit more positive.
We are competing against well established teams with huge budgets and quality players.
We have proved at home that we are capable of mixing it with some of the better teams and havnt been outclassed.
We need to show more belief away from home and maybe change the attacking policy to a more defensive approach. The all out attack worked in Div 1 but not this league.
I'm sorry but if you think that was a well-established team that beat us last night then sadly you are mistaken, they had about seven or eight first-choice players missing and were far better at finishing than us. For all of the good work put in by Edwards, Kent, Thompson, Coventry, and Norburn, the front four including Ward were appalling, lack of effort, lack of understanding of each other's abilities and requirements. We had one cross that found its target, well almost, it was made into a good cross by Thompson's effort. Dembele's insistence in beating the same player three or four times is costing us.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/c2/b5/0ec2b50ef04c84b9d3ea6ebe3b8e55dd.jpg
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 07:27 I know it's difficult, but let's try and be abit more positive.
Players do read these sites. This continual criticism of them and the manager does nothing but harm to them. If you were told you were rubbish every time you tried to do something at your work, your confidence would soon be shattered. Better just to suggest ways of improving what has been going wrong recently than to continually carp on about often, very marginal mistakes.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 07:53
Players do read these sites. This continual criticism of them and the manager does nothing but harm to them. If you were told you were rubbish every time you tried to do something at your work, your confidence would soon be shattered. Better just to suggest ways of improving what has been going wrong recently than to continually carp on about often, very marginal mistakes.
If players actually read the site then they can perhaps work out where they are going wrong
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/c2/b5/0ec2b50ef04c84b9d3ea6ebe3b8e55dd.jpg
ontheup

Post by ontheup »

Players do read these sites. This continual criticism of them and the manager does nothing but harm to them. If you were told you were rubbish every time you tried to do something at your work, your confidence would soon be shattered. Better just to suggest ways of improving what has been going wrong recently than to continually carp on about often, very marginal mistakes

I hope the players do read this site, and criticism, if due, is not undermining them, they are happy to take all the plaudits then they should have broad enough shoulders to take the flak, and last night was abysmal , its not marginal mistakes its the same mistakes week in week out nothing marginal,
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

OK, trying to look at some positives after a poor loss to a very depleted and poor Reading team:-

1) Dembele does look like a championship player albeit, he has been identified by the opposition and that should free up some space for others
2) Joe Ward is assisting the goals and puts in a shift every game...he does seem to lose concentration a bit when defending
3) Ronnie Edwards looked excellent last night for an 18 year old
4) Dan Butler, like Joe Ward has not looked out of his depth in the championship
5) We are at least trying to hang in there
6) Harrison Burrows has been very good for a 19 year old
6) I thought Fergie did the right thing on the whole last night by changing the system and getting back to basics - we were in the game albeit not really creating very much
7) With Derby destined for a 9 point deduction and the other promoted teams of Hull and Blackpool also struggling, we have a chance of that 4th from bottom survival position

The challenges we have are clear. There is little creativity in the midfield and our forward line is just not championship quality...that results in a lot of pressure on the team and we sat back last night (I have a sneaky suspicion that we were protecting Edwards a bit)... I'm hoping that a fully fit Jack Taylor can change the midfield a bit because Norburn and Coventry have appeared to be quite similar defensive midfielders....Fergie's comments to the question on JCH last night were deluded...he might be a "handful" but he is so easily blunted right now and his first touch, hold up play and general contribution was very poor....again, when he is fully fit, that might change as he can score goals.....

Then, we have the recruitment....Randall, Poku, Marriott, Norburn, Tomlinson all needed to be much better than Brown, Eisa, Blake-Tracey, Hamilton etc....currently, that is not the case but, they will all have a huge part to play if we are going to survive...

Right now, a couple of lucky 1-0 wins can turn it all around...starts Saturday
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

One has to ask the question about JC-H as to why TWO Pre-seasons in a row he hasn't been fit enough. Fergie always says 'the boy needs to get fitter and he knows that' so that suggests that his fitness isn't injury related but physical general fitness. He is undoubtedly a 'handful' due to his sheer physical presence but surely Fergie wants and expects more than that from him.

Every passing game makes me miss Mo Eisa more and I said repeatedly the lad was hard done by and we should not only have kept him but started him every game. JC-H hasn't scored from open play this season.