Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Posh v WBA

Post by stumpy »

Joe Ward is a real threat.....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

FFS...this is just like last time in the championship....loads of huff and puff but little real threat or class....we deserved a draw just about but we are not good enough
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

What's up with Fergie? We gotta wise up........
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

Sickening.

We deserved a point from an extremely gutsy performance.

Clark-Harris MOM for me - won his fair share of headers up front and was a colossus at defending set pieces. Would have gone for Butler, but he just couldn’t keep up with Matty Phillipsright at the end.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

We were fkin robbed, should have had a penalty deserved better

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 22:20 We were fkin robbed, should have had a penalty deserved better
I know it sucks but, we were not robbed.....we had one shot on target in 95 minutes....one.......
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 22:33
bristleposh wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 22:20 We were fkin robbed, should have had a penalty deserved better
I know it sucks but, we were not robbed.....we had one shot on target in 95 minutes....one.......
I thought we’d get completely smashed, to hang on that long, I thought we did well, when you consider they were playing Man City, manure, Liverpool, Chelsea etc last season, and we were playing the likes of Accrington, Rochdale Wobblers etc I think we gave as good as we got

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

We did not deserve to lose that game against a team of continual cheats. Posh were excellent and they all played their part. We will easily stay in the Championship if we continue to play as we did tonight and against Cardiff.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 22:43
stumpy wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 22:33
I thought we’d get completely smashed, to hang on that long, I thought we did well, when you consider they were playing Man City, manure, Liverpool, Chelsea etc last season, and we were playing the likes of Accrington, Rochdale Wobblers etc I think we gave as good as we got
I totally agree - thought we would lose 5-0....we gave it a bloody good go without creating much at all....Joe Ward our best outlet.

It feels like last time in the championship - we are too good for League 1 and not quite good enough for the championship...I don't think the recruitment of Marriott, Grant, Randall and Knight looks very good and that will hurt....Norburn looked a yard off the pace and getting jack Taylor back and playing well is a necessity....but, we weren't robbed, they bullied, cheated and played the dark arts throughout.....however, we didn't create a great deal...Pym much, much better coming for crosses and that one save was world class....Ward, Thompson, Kent, Butler and Burrows all put in a great shift...Szmodics runs around a lot, JCH won his fair share of headers but I thought that Marriott, Norburn and Grant were a level below....
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

There was only one team trying to play football tonight and they were wearing blue and white. To be honest from what I've seen of the over rated championship so far are teams that just play hoof ball, rely on free kicks and long throws. I saw more entertaining football in League one.
Just one more point I would like to mention and that is that players who normally remove their shirts or jump into the crowd after scoring a goal get automatically booked, but it seems you can walk into your supporters away end, borrow a fans hoodie to wipe the ball and get away with it nine times out of ten. What's all that about?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Brianposh wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 23:16 We did not deserve to lose that game against a team of continual cheats. Posh were excellent and they all played their part. We will easily stay in the Championship if we continue to play as we did tonight and against Cardiff.
Keeping up to those levels is key Brian...we were not at those levels at Luton or Preston...
Suffolkposh

Post by Suffolkposh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 23:51 I would like to mention that players who normally remove their shirts or jump into the crowd after scoring a goal get automatically booked, but it seems you can walk into your supporters away end, borrow a fans hoodie to wipe the ball and get away with it nine times out of ten. What's all that about?
The fact that the ref had no control of the game
Formerly known as "Fenman25"
Winner in Prediction League 2017-18, 2018-19
Runner-up in Prediction League 2013-14
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Suffolkposh wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 11:57
pleasureboy60 wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 23:51 I would like to mention that players who normally remove their shirts or jump into the crowd after scoring a goal get automatically booked, but it seems you can walk into your supporters away end, borrow a fans hoodie to wipe the ball and get away with it nine times out of ten. What's all that about?
The fact that the ref had no control of the game
I think you’ll find the player who was doing it did get booked, and the last time he had a throw in that corner another player went to get the hoodie but he said no, obviously had been warned that if he did it again he’d be off.

JohnC

Post by JohnC »

In October, 2017, we secured a 1-0 home win over Shrewsbury (top of the table at the time, as I recall) with an inspired long-range effort from Maddison catching the Shrews' goalkeeper out of position. WBA's goalkeeper Johnstone gave a very effective 'sweeper' performance, only getting caught out once, when he took a booking. I was disappointed that we never attempted to pin him back in his area with occasional long-distance sniping. His mobility allowed their back line to press forward in the belief that any Posh forward beating an offside trap would be dealt with by the goalkeeper in sweeper mode. We have the players- Marriott, Szmodics, Dembele --who could thrive on balls played behind defenders, but we seemed to make no discernible effort to prevent Johnstone roaming with impunity one third of the pitch.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

JohnC wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 20:10 In October, 2017, we secured a 1-0 home win over Shrewsbury (top of the table at the time, as I recall) with an inspired long-range effort from Maddison catching the Shrews' goalkeeper out of position. WBA's goalkeeper Johnstone gave a very effective 'sweeper' performance, only getting caught out once, when he took a booking. I was disappointed that we never attempted to pin him back in his area with occasional long-distance sniping. His mobility allowed their back line to press forward in the belief that any Posh forward beating an offside trap would be dealt with by the goalkeeper in sweeper mode. We have the players- Marriott, Szmodics, Dembele --who could thrive on balls played behind defenders, but we seemed to make no discernible effort to prevent Johnstone roaming with impunity one third of the pitch.
Funnily enough I was sat at home watching and thinking what a shame we didn’t have a George Boyd on the field to do exactly that