Posh v WBA

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Posh v WBA

Post by ashman »

Hopefully an excellent attendance. A real test this one but remember they are in the same league as us and we need to show no fear of them. At our best we can beat them, slightly off and it's a point each and play like we did against Luton and we will get thumped! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Re: Posh v WBA

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 00:32 Hopefully an excellent attendance. A real test this one but remember they are in the same league as us and we need to show no fear of them. At our best we can beat them, slightly off and it's a point each and play like we did against Luton and we will get thumped! :comeon:
I must admit that my expectations are a little different. Play at our very, very best and fire on all 8 cylinders for 90 minutes and we might scrape a win, maybe a draw. If we play anything like we have played so far, we will get a mullering...if we are ever so slightly off, we will lose...I'm expecting a 0-4 or 0-5 loss....

The parachute payments and one look at their squad shows that we are in the same division but different leagues. I did expect us to give Luton a harder test, expected us not to need two goals in last ten minutes to beat Derby and I thought we would beat Preston...Cardiff was a good point but, given how the game went, felt like two points dropped.

We might get a good crowd though
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Providing we don’t lose tonight, and Sheffield United don’t win with a turn around of three goals, we can’t possibly finish the night in the relegation places. “Always look on the bright side.”
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 08:28 Providing we don’t lose tonight, and Sheffield United don’t win with a turn around of three goals, we can’t possibly finish the night in the relegation places. “Always look on the bright side.”
You are not allowed to mention the 'R' word yet. I'm replacing it in your post with the letter 'U' for 'Unwelcome' places! :wink: :shock: :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Well, Fergie is going for it...Josh Knight out and Szmodics in....I'm guessing a back 4 of Ward, Thompson, Kent and Butler....Midfield of Burrows, Norburn, Grant and, er...Szmodics? Up front JCH and Marriott.....Dembele, Knight, Taylor, Randall all on the bench...can only assume Dembele is injured....it's a strange team selection for sure but, who knows, it might just pay off :-)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

0-0 after 23 minutes feels like a win :-)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Norburn looking decidedly 3rd division right now
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

We’ve fought well in the first half, and deserve a 0-0. Difficult to admire WBA’s way of playing.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Narrowboat Dave wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 20:53 We’ve fought well in the first half, and deserve a 0-0. Difficult to admire WBA’s way of playing.
To be fair, we have just hassled, pressured, hoiked it long and played generally like a non-league team away at championship opposition....I'm not complaining but West Brom will probably figure this out at H/T or we might just cut a break....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I'd like to see a LOT more from Grant, he just isn't showing any type of championship level ability in any game...maybe Taylor comes in for him after the international break....Dembele for Marriott please
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Well, I called Norburn...Jack Taylor on and that's great news (assuming he is fit)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Thompson and Butler excellent tonight
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Get Dembele on
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

WHAT A SAVE