Preston v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Preston v Posh

Post by ashman »

No extra to pay on the turnstiles. Hoping for at least a point. Maybe a good time to catch them, although a team that has lost all its previous Championship games this season are bound to reverse that trend soon, hopefully not against us though!
Just like Posh, the stadium is an all card affair. I think this will be a recurring theme at nearly all games.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Re: Preston v Posh

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 10:10 No extra to pay on the turnstiles. Hoping for at least a point. Maybe a good time to catch them, although a team that has lost all its previous Championship games this season are bound to reverse that trend soon, hopefully not against us though!
Just like Posh, the stadium is an all card affair. I think this will be a recurring theme at nearly all games.
I'm hoping we are meeting them at just the right time - if we score first, they could crumble and the crowd will be on their backs.....I think we might just sneak a 1-0 or 2-1 victory :clap: :clap: :clap:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Getting a bit nervous here in the NorthEast of the USA....Posh to win to secure a solid start and a hurricane hitting tomorrow .....never boring!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Thompson captain Sammie on the bench
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

That is the right side I feel - Hamilton out of squad suggesting he is either injured or on his way as Kyle Barker on the bench....Come on Posh!!!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Well that was absolutely awful...men against boys and Grant looks slow + clueless whilst Josh Knight simply is not good enough right now. Dembele the only real outlet but they have done their homework. Right now, we are very lucky to be just one down and if we can nick one back, they might just lose confidence...looks a lot like the Luton game where we are second best and a yard slower...not good enough
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

So much better 2nd half but I'm worried that Grant, Szmodics and Randall don't look like millions of pounds worth of players at this point...Norburn was great, Butler never gave up and Dembele a threat...needed more from Joe Ward as well as the players mentioned above. Preston were there for the taking...Marriott (hmmmm)
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 17:03 So much better 2nd half but I'm worried that Grant, Szmodics and Randall don't look like millions of pounds worth of players at this point...Norburn was great, Butler never gave up and Dembele a threat...needed more from Joe Ward as well as the players mentioned above. Preston were there for the taking...Marriott (hmmmm)
You forgot to mention Pym, he was outstanding, he had no chance with the goal and saved three or four nailed on chances. Man of the match for us by a country mile, whether I know anything about football or not
Pym 8, Ward 5, Kent 6, Thompson 6, Knight 3, Butler 7, Grant 4, Thorburn 7, Burrows 4, JCH 4, Dembele 7, Szmodics 4, Randall 4, Marriott 5
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

My only issue with Pym (and I agree that he was one of our best players) is that I think he could really help the defence at set plays by coming off his line more...these headers are from 3-4 yards and he just stands there as they whistle past him....I thought his lack of height and command was going to be a weakness in the championship and we need a GK who comes and helps out on the aerial stuff....he is a good shot stopper
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I pretty much agree 100% with your marks out of ten...maybe Grant a 3....and, Thorburn??? :P