Posh v Cardiff 17/08/21

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Posh v Cardiff 17/08/21

Post by bristleposh »

It’s all going pear shaped, apparently Grant out tonight with an ankle injury, Szmodics still on baby leave, Marriott, Dembele and JCH Still not 100%.
The man who invented the word search has died his funeral...

T T I S P V G K M P H J G U O N Q U X N M O N D A Y S Z B A T K T E N O P G
bristleposh

Re: Posh v Cardiff 17/08/21

Post by bristleposh »

We’re darn to the bare bones

ashman

Post by ashman »

Superb game of football. I timed the extra minutes and there was just 7 seconds left of the five minutes when they scored their equaliser!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 22:18 Superb game of football. I timed the extra minutes and there was just 7 seconds left of the five minutes when they scored their equaliser!
It’s sad looking at Fergie’s face he felt the same way as me gutted, it feels like a defeat, but starting without two of our first choices, and having two others struggling for fitness, then we got hit with an injury we could well do without. We had to use three substitutes because if injury and lack of fitness, when they left the park we were overrun and overpowered especially in the air. Gutted.
Last edited by bristleposh on 18 Aug 2021, 07:37, edited 2 times in total.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

We were truly magnificent., and deserved all 3 points. JCH deserved a special medal.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Take a bow every player in a blue shirt. Absolutely magnificent., from one 1-11.
Proud to be a Posh fan and so should the 8000 plus who witnessed that performance tonight.
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

A tough way to lose two points but once we learn how to defend against 6' 4" players without Mark Beevers, we will not be a pushover for any team inn this division.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Thinking back, doing a Kier Starmer bit, I wonder why Randall was so naive with-less than a minute or so of stoppage time, gifting the opposition with possession, when he should have been heading for the corner flag

ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 22:51 We were truly magnificent., and deserved all 3 points. JCH deserved a special medal.
Absolutely Brian. Joe Ward much improved. Maybe he is beginning to realise that running at the defenders is better than turning back and playing safe all the time. I was good to see that the real Frankie Kent finally decided to turn up too, Where is the real Josh Knight hiding?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Watched that one whilst on vacation - bloody good game and a great effort...JCH was immense as was Harrison Burrows....shout outs to Dembele and Ward who scared them silly and also to Norburn and the defence...like many of us, you could see the come back from Cardiff the minute JCH had to go off....Beevers a huge miss as well...

I wish Christy Pym had left his line to catch any number of crosses in his 6 yard box and, lord knows what Josh Knight was doing out on the right hand side in the last minute leaving 2-3 Cardiff giants unmarked......we will learn but it really did feel like a defeat. Before the game, I would have taken a point but seeing just how one-dimensional Cardiff are, I thought we should have taken all three....certainly some naive stuff...Randall should have turned towards the corner and run al the way to Yaxley...

But, brilliant stuff and so unlucky...credit again to Fergie for the set up and tactics and now we need Josh Knight to truly step up....
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 21:15 Watched that one whilst on vacation - bloody good game and a great effort...JCH was immense as was Harrison Burrows....shout outs to Dembele and Ward who scared them silly and also to Norburn and the defence...like many of us, you could see the come back from Cardiff the minute JCH had to go off....Beevers a huge miss as well...

I wish Christy Pym had left his line to catch any number of crosses in his 6 yard box and, lord knows what Josh Knight was doing out on the right hand side in the last minute leaving 2-3 Cardiff giants unmarked......we will learn but it really did feel like a defeat. Before the game, I would have taken a point but seeing just how one-dimensional Cardiff are, I thought we should have taken all three....certainly some naive stuff...Randall should have turned towards the corner and run al the way to Yaxley...

But, brilliant stuff and so unlucky...credit again to Fergie for the set up and tactics and now we need Josh Knight to truly step up....
Couldn't agree more. I think Kent and Ward were running scared of the Championship in the first few games but now they are understandably beginning to realize that they have the skills and know-how to do a good job. I am bitterly disappointed in Knight so far as I thought that a year of Championship experience would have set him up perfectly for this season's assault. Maybe he needs to be playing in the position that he occupied at Wycombe. Unfortunately Posh's central defenders have been doing a fairly good job until now. Maybe he will be pushed back as a central defender now that Beevers has been forced out with a hamstring injury, (I think that some of the unbelievers are now beginning to realise just how commanding Beevers has been as a defender.)