We could be without JCH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: We could be without JCH

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 20:17
Sheriff Fatman wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 23:32 Aren’t these things normally dealt with (pushed through) quickly? Yet, this is still hanging over JCH/Posh. Maybe common sense is being applied and they’ll kick it out!!! Or at worst, apply a 10 day ban during the next international break! JCH has been superb this season and would be a great loss anyway, except we have no replacement. Andy ‘sick note’ Carroll, could be the short term solution.
We have Szmodics, Dembele, Grant all capable of the #10 role...my guess is that Szmodics will come in and we may play the "false 9"....given the pace and movement on Saturday, it might just work....Fergie has dropped JCH once already this season but had Marriott...Szmodics might have to play that same role as Marriott.......not ideal as JCH was a real focal point on Saturday...
Jorge Grant played that role almost perfectly on Saturday. No way would I like to see him removed from that position. He is essentially an attacking midfielder and has a knack for hitting the back of the net. Maybe Kanu could take up the JCH role for the few games that JCH may potentially have to miss. I hope that this situation will not happen!
In another aside the captaincy must surely go to Ollie Norburn asap. Watch him next match. Not only is he an excellent, combative midfielder but his organisational skills stick out like a sore thumb. Watch him when he is off the ball, whether we are attacking or defending, Jorge is always shouting, pointing out to his fellow players what should be done positionally. He is a natural. Watch him carefully!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 10:34
stumpy wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 20:17
Sheriff Fatman wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 23:32 Aren’t these things normally dealt with (pushed through) quickly? Yet, this is still hanging over JCH/Posh. Maybe common sense is being applied and they’ll kick it out!!! Or at worst, apply a 10 day ban during the next international break! JCH has been superb this season and would be a great loss anyway, except we have no replacement. Andy ‘sick note’ Carroll, could be the short term solution.
We have Szmodics, Dembele, Grant all capable of the #10 role...my guess is that Szmodics will come in and we may play the "false 9"....given the pace and movement on Saturday, it might just work....Fergie has dropped JCH once already this season but had Marriott...Szmodics might have to play that same role as Marriott.......not ideal as JCH was a real focal point on Saturday...
Jorge Grant played that role almost perfectly on Saturday. No way would I like to see him removed from that position. He is essentially an attacking midfielder and has a knack for hitting the back of the net. Maybe Kanu could take up the JCH role for the few games that JCH may potentially have to miss. I hope that this situation will not happen!
In another aside the captaincy must surely go to Ollie Norburn asap. Watch him next match. Not only is he an excellent, combative midfielder but his organisational skills stick out like a sore thumb. Watch him when he is off the ball, whether we are attacking or defending, Jorge is always shouting, pointing out to his fellow players what should be done positionally. He is a natural. Watch him carefully!
Norburn has been one of the real positives this season. My guess is that Coventry was signed for that spot to accompany Taylor but Norburn has been so good, he's a first choice....I'm less concerned about who is captain.....long may he continue his form because it's a real positive...Grant so much better as a #10 so Szmodics or Kanu to replace JCH?
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 18:35 Norburn has been one of the real positives this season. My guess is that Coventry was signed for that spot to accompany Taylor but Norburn has been so good, he's a first choice....I'm less concerned about who is captain.....long may he continue his form because it's a real positive...Grant so much better as a #10 so Szmodics or Kanu to replace JCH?
In total agreement but I still think long term of Norburn getting the armband.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Four-game ban with immediate effect.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Ridiculous, especially given that Hungary only got a one game ban
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Probably a Lincoln fan behind all this with a big grudge.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I wonder if he’ll be replaced by Sammie, Idris or our 120 year old striker https://www.theposh.com/teams/first-tea ... ed-ishola/
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Quite right too, if someone had made racial comments about JC-H they quite rightly would have been punished/prosecuted accordingly. Being young is no excuse.
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 19:31 I wonder if he’ll be replaced by Sammie, Idris or our 120 year old striker https://www.theposh.com/teams/first-tea ... ed-ishola/
Wll spotted sir! :clap: :wink: :D
ashman

Post by ashman »