Facebook, Twitter, LRE, thePoshforum

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Facebook, Twitter, LRE, thePoshforum

Post by bristleposh »

All in meltdown due to two games a defeat for the first team obviously missing a few key players through injury, and a defeat for a new group of erstwhile reserves getting hammered by a virtual full-strength first team from League One.
Hopefully as in the lyrics pinched foolishly by Neil Kinnock "Things can Only Get Better", I'm sure it will, some of our young players will come good and some will return from injury. I hope I'm wrong but if the answer is Jack Marriott I hate to think what the question was.
The man who invented the word search has died his funeral...

T T I S P V G K M P H J G U O N Q U X N M O N D A Y S Z B A T K T E N O P G
ashman

Re: Facebook, Twitter, LRE, thePoshforum

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 08:59 All in meltdown due to two games a defeat for the first team obviously missing a few key players through injury, and a defeat for a new group of erstwhile reserves getting hammered by a virtual full-strength first team from League One.
Hopefully as in the lyrics pinched foolishly by Neil Kinnock "Things can Only Get Better", I'm sure it will, some of our young players will come good and some will return from injury. I hope I'm wrong but if the answer is Jack Marriott I hate to think what the question was.
Why are you doubting Jack Marriott? Give the lad a chance to actually get in the team, play a few games and then you can criticise or praise accordingly! :shock: :twisted:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 09:08
bristleposh wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 08:59 All in meltdown due to two games a defeat for the first team obviously missing a few key players through injury, and a defeat for a new group of erstwhile reserves getting hammered by a virtual full-strength first team from League One.
Why are you doubting Jack Marriott? Give the lad a chance to actually get in the team, play a few games and then you can criticise or praise accordingly! :shock: :twisted:
I'm not criticizing his skill and attributes, but his record for injury puts him on a par with Darren Anderton, he's got a permanent sick note from his mum, yes it would be nice to see him play and give him a chance, but I shan't be holding my breath waiting, waiting for an appearance.
The man who invented the word search has died his funeral...

T T I S P V G K M P H J G U O N Q U X N M O N D A Y S Z B A T K T E N O P G
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

If he's going to be permanently crocked then we seriously need to rethink and sign another striker who is proven at this level and who can hit the ground running.
Can't rely solely on JCH especially if RJJ is going to be out for any length of time
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I think the reason that many are in meltdown is because ALL of this was foreseeable...JCH and Marriott have played just over 1 pre-season game collectively, players like Szmodics, JCH, Knight, Grant, Beevers, Thompson have either not made it previously at championship level or they have been part of relegated squads...others like Butler, Ward, Kent, Pym are lower league players needing to step up. Throw in some promising but very much untested youth graduates and it gets worse. Add to this a manager who can get relatively expensively assembled squads out of the lower divisions but is just as good getting teams relegated from the championship and it all feels a bit predictable...that's why it's so frustrating....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Then, we start the season with players playing out of position....add that to the comments above and no-one is surprised (except Fergie) - it's all early doors and we have tons of time to rectify the situation so I'm not losing the faith yet but Fergie and co need to get their sh*t together ASAP
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

stumpy wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 16:35 I think the reason that many are in meltdown is because ALL of this was foreseeable...JCH and Marriott have played just over 1 pre-season game collectively, players like Szmodics, JCH, Knight, Grant, Beevers, Thompson have either not made it previously at championship level or they have been part of relegated squads...others like Butler, Ward, Kent, Pym are lower league players needing to step up. Throw in some promising but very much untested youth graduates and it gets worse. Add to this a manager who can get relatively expensively assembled squads out of the lower divisions but is just as good getting teams relegated from the championship and it all feels a bit predictable...that's why it's so frustrating....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Then, we start the season with players playing out of position....add that to the comments above and no-one is surprised (except Fergie) - it's all early doors and we have tons of time to rectify the situation so I'm not losing the faith yet but Fergie and co need to get their sh*t together ASAP
You don't sound like you had any faith to lose.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Cheryl wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 16:06
stumpy wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 16:35 I think the reason that many are in meltdown is because ALL of this was foreseeable...JCH and Marriott have played just over 1 pre-season game collectively, players like Szmodics, JCH, Knight, Grant, Beevers, Thompson have either not made it previously at championship level or they have been part of relegated squads...others like Butler, Ward, Kent, Pym are lower league players needing to step up. Throw in some promising but very much untested youth graduates and it gets worse. Add to this a manager who can get relatively expensively assembled squads out of the lower divisions but is just as good getting teams relegated from the championship and it all feels a bit predictable...that's why it's so frustrating....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Exactly. He is always like that! :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I must admit, seeing what we did over the summer, watching how we made a bit of a meal of promotion and knowing Fergie's form as a manager at higher levels, it's hard to see what we have learned from the past....having said that, no Posh manager ever in history has had the type of financial support that this one is getting and that means I do have some hope that he'll get it right...even a broken clock is right twice a day and all that....so, I do have some faith but it's not blind faith
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 17:27

Exactly. He is always like that! :D
It's tough being right all the time
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

stumpy wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 20:48

I must admit, seeing what we did over the summer, watching how we made a bit of a meal of promotion and knowing Fergie's form as a manager at higher levels, it's hard to see what we have learned from the past....having said that, no Posh manager ever in history has had the type of financial support that this one is getting and that means I do have some hope that he'll get it right...even a broken clock is right twice a day and all that....so, I do have some faith but it's not blind faith
But at least you hadn't already made your mind up.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Nope, been following Posh too long to give up on them and, in all my decades, I have never seen so much financial support from owners - we will survive this year is my prediction...just....
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

stumpy wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 00:08 Nope, been following Posh too long to give up on them and, in all my decades, I have never seen so much financial support from owners - we will survive this year is my prediction...just....
Such a back handed compliment.

If you were anymore transparent people would walk through you.