Luton v Posh 7/8/21

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Luton v Posh 7/8/21

Post by bristleposh »

Our first game back in the Championship since that awful day at Selhurst Park. I think apart from injuries which we seem to have rather a lot, I imagine the team will be something like: Pym, Thompson, Kent, Beevers, Butler, Ward, Knight, Grant, Dembele, Szmodics, JCH,
Taylor if fit would be n contention to replace Beevers. Then the subs would probably from Cornell, Edwards, Burrows, Kanu, Barker, Marriott, Hamilton, June’s and either Beevers or Taylor
Northampton, a town where Bob is not necessarily just your Uncle
ashman

Re: Luton v Posh 7/8/21

Post by ashman »

Makes a change to NOT be playing Rochdale away! :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

bristleposh wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 23:01 Our first game back in the Championship since that awful day at Selhurst Park. I think apart from injuries which we seem to have rather a lot, I imagine the team will be something like: Pym, Thompson, Kent, Beevers, Butler, Ward, Knight, Grant, Dembele, Szmodics, JCH,
Taylor if fit would be n contention to replace Beevers. Then the subs would probably from Cornell, Edwards, Burrows, Kanu, Barker, Marriott, Hamilton, June’s and either Beevers or Taylor
How forgetful obviously Randall will be there or there abouts as will one or two of our other new arrivals Poku, Fernandez and Tomlinson, just hope Fergie remembers everyone and the ones who are not fit or injured
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Got to hit the ground running no matter what team we put out. We have no doubt got some skillful and clever footballers, all about attitude, determination and togetherness today. We certainly don't want to be rocking around the bottom three after 9, 10 or 11 games. Let's hope we're not. Couldn't make it today so hopefully somebody can be very positive and make a lot of noise for me. UTP.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

No Marriott, Taylor, Dembele or Poku
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Here we go boys ….20mins
gennius

Post by gennius »

2-0

help!
website of the Stock Exchange and Financial Markets : http://www.chat.borsadiretta.it/
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Hmmm, didn’t expect miracles but would really like to see an unbiased report from someone who went. Don’t think anyone took any notice of my earlier message though, probably only the noisy 1,032 who made the trip. Looks like Mr.Woolmer strikes again! Luton 18 fouls 1 yellow in the 93rd minute, Posh 7 fouls, yes 7 fouls resulting in 5 yellows. Were they all really worthy of a yellow? Anyway onwards and upwards.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

BanburyPosh wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 18:51 Hmmm, didn’t expect miracles but would really like to see an unbiased report from someone who went. Don’t think anyone took any notice of my earlier message though, probably only the noisy 1,032 who made the trip. Looks like Mr.Woolmer strikes again! Luton 18 fouls 1 yellow in the 93rd minute, Posh 7 fouls, yes 7 fouls resulting in 5 yellows. Were they all really worthy of a yellow? Anyway onwards and upwards.

Having watched the game in my bedroom, I’d say all the yellows were spot on apart from one that should really have been red. We were outplayed in just about every department. 3 substitutes wasn’t enough, we could have changed about eight and still not been a match for them. JCH was nowhere near match fit, Ward, Knight, Grant, Kent, Beevers didn’t look up to the standard request, Butler, and Szmodics, we’re careless on many occasions. The new boy Tomlinson, Randall, Hamilton, Pym, Edwards, and Thompson are the only ones who’s hand shouldn’t shake when they pick up their pay check.
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 19:45
BanburyPosh wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 18:51 Hmmm, didn’t expect miracles but would really like to see an unbiased report from someone who went. Don’t think anyone took any notice of my earlier message though, probably only the noisy 1,032 who made the trip. Looks like Mr.Woolmer strikes again! Luton 18 fouls 1 yellow in the 93rd minute, Posh 7 fouls, yes 7 fouls resulting in 5 yellows. Were they all really worthy of a yellow? Anyway onwards and upwards.

Having watched the game in my bedroom, I’d say all the yellows were spot on apart from one that should really have been red. We were outplayed in just about every department. 3 substitutes wasn’t enough, we could have changed about eight and still not been a match for them. JCH was nowhere near match fit, Ward, Knight, Grant, Kent, Beevers didn’t look up to the standard request, Butler, and Szmodics, we’re careless on many occasions. The new boy Tomlinson, Randall, Hamilton, Pym, Edwards, and Thompson are the only ones who’s hand shouldn’t shake when they pick up their pay check.
I thought that the ref handled the game fairly well. Following on from the standards of reffing in the recent World Cup there seemed to be a lot more leniency in reffing, allowing the game to flow well. The fact he got the penalty decision wrong was a shame but I don't think that, had it been given and scored, it would have made much difference to the full time result.
I was impressed with Jorge Grant and Dan Butler (after a couple of early cock-ups) Thompson was his usual self but Frankie Kent needs to learn quickly that he is not going to have so much time as he did in League One and was replaced by the young lad Edwards who looked assured, as we know he can be. Beevers coped well with their aerial threat and Knight was ok in patches. Sammie ran around ineffectively. JCH was superb, considering he had only had 45 minutes playing time before the game, and put in a gritty full 90 mins, and won virtually every aerial battle but was let down by Sammie playing way too far away from him. Joe Ward did nothing all game, and Hamilton tried to up the tempo abit when he came on. Joel Randell was maybe the one plus from this game, replacing a fairly poor debut by Tomlinson.
White G

Post by White G »

Shambles!! It's going to be a long season!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Only three points off the top and already people complain
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 09:07 Only three points off the top and already people complain
Unbelievable isn't it? Only 45 games to rescue our season! :roll:
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

ashman wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 16:31
bristleposh wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 09:07 Only three points off the top and already people complain
Unbelievable isn't it? Only 45 games to rescue our season! :roll:
We're doomed. Relegated after one game. I bet Gaz has gone into meltdown
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

So, thought I'd wait 24 hours before posting after one of the most predictable results and performances in recent times. With a team that didnt exactly set League 1 on fire last season being supplemented with buys from Eastleigh, Exeter and Colchester, it was always going to be a bit of a uphill battle. However, I did expect that Fergie "I get a nosebleed at higher altitudes" would have played players in the correct positions. Knight ain't a midfielder at championship level (but everyone knows that) Tomlinson has just joined from Eastleigh (why is he starting ahead of Burrows or even the million £ Randall? - yes I did hear Fergie's astonishingly poor interview after the game and apparently, Randall looked a bit nervous :? )....We probably can't afford the right players but we need a championship manager or Fergie needs to step up or we'll be on another of his losing streaks before we know it...Get players playing in their correct positions to at least give us a chance - if JCH (who resembled an oak tree yesterday in terms of agility and movement) can't be replaced by the speedy RJJ for 30 minutes when the game is lost, then, when can he??? It was truly a non-league management performance and the fans + players deserved better.....if no-one has noticed, championship clubs went for Lee Bowyer and Russell Martin when they wanted a new manager from the lower leagues...Fergie better get things sorted asap....yesterday was awful...just awful to watch....