Strikers

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Strikers

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Am I the only one who is slightly concerned and worried that here we are with just over two weeks to go before the start of the league season and we only have one, fit recognised striker.
With both Marriott and JCH both still injured, Eisa now gone. That only leaves Jones as an out and out striker and the jury is still out on this lad, especially at Championship level.
I don't think we can risk either JCH or Marriott to start for the Luton game with hardly any pre-season for either of them.
OBM

Re: Strikers

Post by OBM »

Perhaps the sale of Eisa will allow the purchase of another front man, bearing in mind that both Dembele and JCH could still be last minute sales I am sure there is a back up plan and a few identified targets should we need them, the situation is not ideal, but it probably never will be.
ashman

Post by ashman »

All good points but I hope that none of our worries are substantiated.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Does make the sale of Eisa even more of a risk but then again I wouldn't have sold the kid anyway. In Fergie we trust though
gennius

Post by gennius »

I am really worried! we will find ourselves next season with an empty team, without ideas, and without brilliance! in my opinion it would take 2-3 good strikers
website of the Stock Exchange and Financial Markets : http://www.chat.borsadiretta.it/
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

With the current striker situation getting worse day by day. Perhaps getting rid of Eisa wasn't such a good idea after all.
I think we seriously need considering getting bodies in, rather than out!
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Marriott was injured for much of last season. Derby were glad to get rid of him and Sheffield Wed fans were not impressed while he was on loan there,

I hope Posh will not come to regret re-signing him and especially on a reported three year contract.
bigjockknew

Post by bigjockknew »

Greg Stewart, the Rangers striker is available, looks like on a free. Rated very highly by Rangers supporters who are surprised to see him being released. Would be a great signing for a Championship club.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

The only decent attribute that comes out of Glasgow is the M74
bigjockknew

Post by bigjockknew »

:lol:
pleasureboy60 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 11:38 The only decent attribute that comes out of Glasgow is the M74
:lol: With that username I presume you have logged on to the wrong site.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

bigjockknew wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:58 Greg Stewart, the Rangers striker is available, looks like on a free. Rated very highly by Rangers supporters who are surprised to see him being released. Would be a great signing for a Championship club.
If he was that good then he would be playing for the Awful Scottish national team. I rest my case!
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Is anyone confident that Dembele & JCH will still be around at the end of the month ? If not which is the most likely to be leaving, or will it be both ?
OBM

Post by OBM »

Usually at this time of year the forums are busy predicting line ups and formations, but with doubts over the fitness of Taylor, JCH and Marriot and with Dembele seemingly on his way out it is pretty difficult, I hope DF knows. Anybody brave enough to select a formation/team yet?
ashman

Post by ashman »

OBM wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 15:30 Usually at this time of year the forums are busy predicting line ups and formations, but with doubts over the fitness of Taylor, JCH and Marriott and with Dembele seemingly on his way out it is pretty difficult, I hope DF knows. Anybody brave enough to select a formation/team yet?
Totally agree. Even Fergie seems a little on edge. He is normally very sure of his options but the injuries and uncertainties about transfers seems to be making him a touch nervous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2RUhXWIGHc

In Fergie we trust! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
White G

Post by White G »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:47
bigjockknew wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:58 Greg Stewart, the Rangers striker is available, looks like on a free. Rated very highly by Rangers supporters who are surprised to see him being released. Would be a great signing for a Championship club.
If he was that good then he would be playing for the Awful Scottish national team. I rest my case!
George Boyd was nowhere near good enough for Scotland either.