Ernie Moss R.I.P.

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Narrowboat Dave

Ernie Moss R.I.P.

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

Meant to post this a couple of days ago, but former Posh centre forward Ernie Moss died on the 11th from Pick’s Disease, a form of Alzheimer’s. His wife and family had joined forces with the Astle family to call for more investigation to be carried out on the link between Alzheimer’s and heading footballs.

Always remember him as an old-school centre forward, great heading a ball, but he also had a fierce shot.

Played for quite a few clubs, all in the lower leagues, but primarily for his home town club, Chesterfield, in three spells there. but he served us well during his time at London Road.

Another Posh legend passes away. Thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P. big man.
ashman

Re: Ernie Moss R.I.P.

Post by ashman »

Absolutely. An old-school centre-forward as you said. Never really was at his best at Posh but was really prolific at other clubs, especially Chesterfield.
RIP Ernie.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

R.I.P. Ernie, my computer skills were found wanting here, I put the evening telegraph report on Facebook and thought I’d done the same on here, but obviously forgot to press submit. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... kZeQRgabl0
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

R.I.P. Ernie. I liked him very much. Old school, 100%. Big and strong.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

It was hoped he would be the successor to Jim Hall, but it was a big ask and sadly didn't turn out that way. RIP Ernie.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Narrowboat Dave wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 21:32 Meant to post this a couple of days ago, but former Posh centre forward Ernie Moss died on the 11th from Pick’s Disease, a form of Alzheimer’s. His wife and family had joined forces with the Astle family to call for more investigation to be carried out on the link between Alzheimer’s and heading footballs.

Always remember him as an old-school centre forward, great heading a ball, but he also had a fierce shot.

Played for quite a few clubs, all in the lower leagues, but primarily for his home town club, Chesterfield, in three spells there. but he served us well during his time at London Road.

Another Posh legend passes away. Thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P. big man.
The modern footballs are nowhere near as heavy as the ones big Ernie headed in his career so hopefully won't be a problem for today's players in the future.

I saw him at the very end of his career at Kettering Town in the old GM Vauxhall Conference back in the late 80s early 90s