tonyp

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

tonyp

Post by ashman »

I have today received a pm from Tony explaining his recent absence from our forum.
He has logged out of both this forum and .net as he is caring for his beloved wife Ralda. She has been in the 'Help The Aged Care Home' for some time but Tony finds it hard not to be with her at all times. The carers don't always stay for long, there is a large turnover of staff and anyone who is any good tends to find a new job or fail to turn up, as the pay is so poor. Both Tony and Ralda are well but Ralda is an Alzheimer's sufferer and Tony feels that he just cannot afford the time to post on the forums anymore. He will pop in to see how things are going whenever he gets a chance. Tony had posted over 21,000 posts.

"Alzheimer's is a cruel disease and my darling Ralda doesn’t deserve it." :( :(
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: tonyp

Post by bristleposh »

So sad to hear, wishing him all the best
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

ashman wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 11:06 I have today received a pm from Tony explaining his recent absence from our forum.
He has logged out of both this forum and .net as he is caring for his beloved wife Ralda. She has been in the 'Help The Aged Care Home' for some time but Tony finds it hard not to be with her at all times. The carers don't always stay for long, there is a large turnover of staff and anyone who is any good tends to find a new job or fail to turn up, as the pay is so poor. Both Tony and Ralda are well but Ralda is an Alzheimer's sufferer and Tony feels that he just cannot afford the time to post on the forums anymore. He will pop in to see how things are going whenever he gets a chance. Tony had posted over 21,000 posts.

I am in personal touch Dave and will keep my ears and eyes open the best I can. He updated me approx.10 days ago. I WILL DO WHAT I can in my limited way and keep you all informed.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Very sad. His postings are always worth reading.

Alzheimer's is a dreadful disease.
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

Brianposh wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 17:21
ashman wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 11:06 I have today received a pm from Tony explaining his recent absence from our forum.

I am in personal touch Dave and will keep my ears and eyes open the best I can. He updated me approx.10 days ago. I WILL DO WHAT I can in my limited way and keep you all informed.
Good show, well done Brian. Tony's a good man and a good Posh fan