Canadians happy

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Canadians happy

Post by tonyp »

An interesting article in the Canadian Sportsnet
https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article ... gh-united/
``Just incredible,'' said Thompson, who along with Neale was on hand to see their team storm its way to promotion. ``I don't cry at a lot of things but I was in tears - just emotionally drained.''
``I'm not going to lie, it was probably a four-day celebration,'' said Thompson. ``But it was Wednesday morning and everybody's kind of hungover with their voices still hoarse and it was like 'OK, who's on our buying list for next year? Who's not staying? What's our budget look like and what are we going to do about this?'''
ashman

Re: Canadians happy

Post by ashman »

A little more worrying?

Thompson says you can make money with a football team. But it starts with a thesis.
Thompson and Neale have looked at investing in the Canadian Premier League, saying they like the Manchester City structure which includes feeder clubs in other countries.
The ambition is to remain in the Championship for the next 24 months, to allow the club to stabilize and improve its foundation.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Yes, that IS a little more worrying.

"...make money with a football team..." is not what a fan wants to hear.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

more worrying is saying 24 months rather than 2 years :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 27 May 2021, 12:15 more worrying is saying 24 months rather than 2 years :wink:
They’re about the same I’m guessing, you should change your diapers if that’s all that worries you
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 May 2021, 12:39
HantsPosh wrote: 27 May 2021, 12:15 more worrying is saying 24 months rather than 2 years :wink:
They’re about the same I’m guessing, you should change your diapers if that’s all that worries you
:D :clap2: :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 27 May 2021, 12:39
As is often the case for you Bristle..........................whoosh...............straight over your head

Maybe I'll just close the drapes and never step out onto the sidewalk ever again