Completed Signings

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Completed Signings

Post by ashman »

ashman wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 15:13 Go Jack! Prve Gaz completely wrong! :D :comeon:

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/july/ ... -marriott/

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/july/ ... o-be-back/

I sincerely hope that we hang onto JCH because if we don't it would mean a completely different way of playing. Will Dembele stay too?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
dunc

Post by dunc »

At last we are starting to get back to proper football news!
Well done DMac, Fergie and Baz for strengthening the squad for next season now, rather than waiting until after we have our big-money sell.
If we seriously want to look to establish ourselves in the Championship we need a Championship squad.
We are getting there ..... now for the next two pieces of the jigsaw
dunc

Post by dunc »

I have seen and heard enough to suggest that Dembele will be gone, either before the season starts or before the window closes, but I hope we do everything to keep JCH
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Josh Knight signed on a three year deal to play centre half

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/july/ ... of-knight/
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

Superb signing. A lad that already knows club and how wants to play Fergie. A very good center-back. Beevers, Edwards, Kent and now Knight... Sounds good. The three signings of the week are very pretty. Looking forward next signings.

Dembélé could stay at the club no ?

For moment we could have the XI starting line-up

Pym ; Kent, Knight, Beevers ; Ward, Grant, Taylor, Butler ; Szmodics ; Marriott, Clarke-Harris.

What do you think about it ?
ashman

Post by ashman »

Wow! What a week this has been! I just hope that we can keep the same togetherness that appeared to be in the dressing room last season. I reckon that was a huge part of the way we achieved the success we did.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gazza8 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 13:29 Superb signing. A lad that already knows club and how wants to play Fergie. A very good center-back. Beevers, Edwards, Kent and now Knight... Sounds good. The three signings of the week are very pretty. Looking forward next signings.

Dembélé could stay at the club no ?

For moment we could have the XI starting line-up

Pym ; Kent, Knight, Beevers ; Ward, Grant, Taylor, Butler ; Szmodics ; Marriott, Clarke-Harris.

What do you think about it ?
Not too shabby to be honest! Cornell, Edwards, Thompson, Kanu, Mason, Burrows, Hamilton, as subs? - unless of course Dembele stays? :wink:
dunc

Post by dunc »

The week just gets better and better!
I'm assuming we will still be looking at a left back / wing back, but maybe awaiting developments with Dembele and Eisa before further signings or perhaps we will go into the loan market for final squad arrivals - a couple of Premier League youngsters perhaps?
ashman

Post by ashman »

dunc wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 13:53 The week just gets better and better!
I'm assuming we will still be looking at a left back / wing back, but maybe awaiting developments with Dembele and Eisa before further signings or perhaps we will go into the loan market for final squad arrivals - a couple of Premier League youngsters perhaps?
Possible, but DMac has said many a time that we will not be getting into the loan market. I don't see that we would need to anyway, unless the squad is decimated by the exits of JCH, Dembele and Eisa!
dunc

Post by dunc »

Surely we still need cover at left defence and central midfield
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

dunc wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 18:17 Surely we still need cover at left defence and central midfield
Central midfield? Surely we’ll have Taylor Hamilton Grant and Barker and possibly even Knight viewing for two places.
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
dunc

Post by dunc »

Taylor and Grant will be plying and Knight will already be in defence and we don’t know whether the other 2 will step up a level
ashman

Post by ashman »

dunc wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 18:17 Surely we still need cover at left defence and central midfield
We do.
ashman

Post by ashman »

dunc wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 18:43 Taylor and Grant will be plying and Knight will already be in defence and we don’t know whether the other 2 will step up a level
GK: Pym,

Defence: Thompson, Knight, Kent,

Midfield: Taylor, Grant, Hamilton, Ward.

Forwards: Sammie, Dembele and JCH in a fluid forward line as long as Dembele and JCH are still here!
Scott Welland

Post by Scott Welland »

Josh Knight Is an amazing signing. We will sell him for a lot of money in the next couple of years