bristleposh

Re: Incoming rumours

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 18 May 2021, 10:50
tonyp wrote: 18 May 2021, 09:53
bristleposh wrote: 18 May 2021, 09:05

rubbish
rubbish?
What, the report, the goalkeeper or Gaz's opinion?
I think the Pompey keeper sounds quite good.
... and so was Pym.
Gaz’s opinion of Pym, I just don’t get it, far and away the best keeper we’ve had in the DMac era, this thing about him being too small is ridiculous, he’s 6’ not a giant but some of the saves he has made a 6’6” keeper would not necessarily have got to, his positioning and agility and confidence on the ball put him up there as the best. The goal he conceded against Sunderland was due to an injury, I’d suggest that that was the fault of management playing him when not 100% fit.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 18 May 2021, 11:02
rubbish?
... and so was Pym.
Gaz’s opinion of Pym, I just don’t get it, far and away the best keeper we’ve had in the DMac era, this thing about him being too small is ridiculous, he’s 6’ not a giant but some of the saves he has made a 6’6” keeper would not necessarily have got to, his positioning and agility and confidence on the ball put him up there as the best. The goal he conceded against Sunderland was due to an injury, I’d suggest that that was the fault of management playing him when not 100% fit.
With you on that bristle but wasn't the injury sustained earlier on in the Sunderland game? Who would have been in goal if Pym had been excluded?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 18 May 2021, 11:06
... and so was Pym.
With you on that bristle but wasn't the injury sustained earlier on in the Sunderland game? Who would have been in goal if Pym had been excluded?
I don’t know, we can only surmise than the injury occurred during the Sunderland game, if it did, we had a substitute on the bench, if he want good enough that was not the fault of Pym.

Slabby

Post by Slabby »

I blame Fergie :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman

Post by ashman »

Barry sounds as if the rumour mill is really annoying him! Not that he has ever instigated any transfer rumours! :lol: :lol:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

One player apparently definitely not coming is the Leeds youngster Alfie McCalmont https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... er-3249173

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I wonder if Barry will be sniffing around Hopper and Grant of Lincoln, and Branagan, Atkinson and Sykes of Oxford.

BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 30 May 2021, 19:25 I wonder if Barry will be sniffing around Hopper and Grant of Lincoln, and Branagan, Atkinson and Sykes of Oxford.
Hope not, we need to be looking upwards not downwards. I have seen them all play this season and can't say that any really stood out. Can't see what all the fuss is about this Grant fellow but if he comes and does a good fill-in job then all's well.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
ashman

Post by ashman »

Probably a more sensible rumour would be a return to LR of Gwion Edwards. Returns very rarely work out as well as we expect. Comments?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 14:00 Probably a more sensible rumour would be a return to LR of Gwion Edwards. Returns very rarely work out as well as we expect. Comments?
We seem to be obsessed with returning players....CMS, Boyd, Mclean - NONE have worked out....we need to look outwards for growth not back to the future....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

rubbish?
... and so was Pym.
There is a reason that Fergie is looking for a keeper to challenge Pym and one that is bigger in stature...I'm not sure that Pym will make it in the championship but he's deserved to be given a chance....I just hope we are not on the receiving end of weekly highlights of him being chipped from the half way line
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

How often has Pym been chipped from the half way line in Leagues One & Two or is that only allowed in the Championship?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 16:18 How often has Pym been chipped from the half way line in Leagues One & Two or is that only allowed in the Championship?
As I said, I hope that we are not on those highlights reels...it might be a stretch, but one thought might be that players are better in the championship than in L1 and L2...
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 14:00 Probably a more sensible rumour would be a return to LR of Gwion Edwards. Returns very rarely work out as well as we expect. Comments?
Where has that rumour stemmed from personally I’d prefer Santos, Lopez or Conlon