Incoming rumours

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gazza8

Re: Incoming rumours

Post by Gazza8 »

For now, I think team needs one left back, one right back, one defensive midfield with character and experience and a striker if Eisa or Dembele left
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gazza8 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 22:29 For now, I think team needs one left back, one right back, one defensive midfield with character and experience and a striker if Eisa or Dembele left
Totally agree with you there - in a perfect world. I would suggest that DMac and co are working towards something along those lines but I reckon that the FFP conditions may well come into force to prevent some of this happening. (although I did read that the FFP rules are to undergo dramatic change with the key break-even measure declared 'purposeless' by Uefa.)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... vid-crisis
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Scott Welland

Post by Scott Welland »

ashman wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 23:42
Gazza8 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 22:29 For now, I think team needs one left back, one right back, one defensive midfield with character and experience and a striker if Eisa or Dembele left
Totally agree with you there - in a perfect world. I would suggest that DMac and co are working towards something along those lines but I reckon that the FFP conditions may well come into force to prevent some of this happening. (although I did read that the FFP rules are to undergo dramatic change with the key break-even measure declared 'purposeless' by Uefa.)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... vid-crisis

FFP is a lot less strict in the Championship
ashman

Post by ashman »

I hope you are right but it would be a shame if FFP messes up our ambitions!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/july/ ... -friendly/

No names, no pack drill, but sounds very much like he’d like a couple of midfielders to go along with Taylor, Grant, Hamilton and Barker
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Apparently, Fergie went to see Ipswich v Colchester yesterday, wonder whether to watch Myles Kenlock and Noah Chilvers, Ipswich left-back and Colchester attacking midfielder, both seem to fit our profile.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 08:37 Apparently, Fergie went to see Ipswich v Colchester yesterday, wonder whether to watch Myles Kenlock and Noah Chilvers, Ipswich left-back and Colchester attacking midfielder, both seem to fit our profile.
…and it seems Kenlock didn’t play, Crewe midfielder Tom Lowery being suggested as another target.