Incoming rumours

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Completed Signings

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 10:51 https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... FgHiQe5OaQ

I assume this is official now, please delete if not
I'm sure it is probably correct, but Bet365 is not the most reliable source. I'm keeping my powder dry until it is announced by DMac or the Posh website. I would prefer it if we got in the giant Czech, Tomas Holy through! 6ft. 9 inches. It's understood he has been told he can move on this summer. He was a thorn in our side when he played for Gillingham. Moving these posts to the 'rumours' thread!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Re: Incoming rumours

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 09:22 Please not Jack Marriott. Please…
I wouldn't be surprised! It would give you a ready made player to criticise, no matter how well he played!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 12:04
Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 09:22 Please not Jack Marriott. Please…
I wouldn't be surprised! It would give you a ready made player to criticise, no matter how well he played!
It takes a braver person to call things before the event than afterwards.

We have history under MacAnthony of signing old players who are absolutely useless when they come back. However, the majority of those at least had a decent career between their times at Posh. Marriott has been useless ever since he left us. A Sheff Weds season ticket holder told my son he's one of the worse players he's ever seen.

I call it now - somebody tell me he's gonna be great & we'll compare notes at the end of the season.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 11:09 https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/peter ... EjFxsiANwI

That would be a great signing
Yep, he has all the on field credentials, but unless he hits it off with Darren and co it will be a non starter. I think that the powers that be, are being very careful in their assessments of potential signings this time and will be desperate not to upset the applecart. We have a very tightly meshed squad and that proved to be one of the outstanding features of last year's promotion team.
Scott Welland

Post by Scott Welland »

Flynn Downes from Ipswich has turned down a move to Posh
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Good riddance. If he thinks Posh have got no ambition to stay in the championship then god knows why he wants to stay at Ipswich.
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 20:34 Good riddance. If he thinks Posh have got no ambition to stay in the championship then god knows why he wants to stay at Ipswich.
Absolutely! :clap2:
ashman

Post by ashman »

Could this be the next part of the jigsaw? Impressive if it happens!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sourc ... agreement/
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 15:25 Could this be the next part of the jigsaw? Impressive if it happens!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sourc ... agreement/
According to Leicester fan tv posh have signed JK, allegedly seen at the training ground, what a day if both these are true, we know one is
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Mick Drewery has been seen in Nando’s car park & Billy Kellock spotted crossing the town bridge.

I’ve just wet myself.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 19:53 Mick Drewery has been seen in Nando’s car park & Billy Kellock spotted crossing the town bridge.

I’ve just wet myself.
Several of your Dad’s best ‘mentally strong’ signings spotted flipping burgers at Burger King. Colin Daniel, Darren Lyon, Josh Yorwerth, Tyler Denton, Jamie Walker, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts etc etc etc
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

Was a second choice if Knight didn't come I think. Maybe in more but not sure...
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gazza8 wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 13:31
Was a second choice if Knight didn't come I think. Maybe in more but not sure...
DMac saying maybe a couple more, but in a week or two. (He just loves this banter with us fans, doesn't he?)