Next season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Next season

Post by ashman »

Wilco wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:34 I’m looking forward to reading about new signings and cant wait for the fixtures to come out.
I’m really looking forward to some great away days at Fulham, Birmingham, Sheffield United, hopefully Brentford, Bournemouth and Oxford.

I’m cautiously optimistic that we might stay up.

I’m not happy that we’re getting electronic advertising, I hate it with a passion and will continue to moan about it until the cows come home.
Absolutely Wico - the trouble is that any form of sponsorship is helpful to a club like ours. Other teams are getting this help and unfortunately we need to keep up with others if we are to progress!
Also cautiously optimistic that we might stay up and hoping that the Holy Trio manage to find enough dosh for Darren to go out and buy some excellent signings!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Wilco wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:34 I’m looking forward to reading about new signings and cant wait for the fixtures to come out.
I’m really looking forward to some great away days at Fulham, Birmingham, Sheffield United, hopefully Brentford, Bournemouth and Oxford.

I’m not happy that we’re getting electronic advertising, I hate it with a passion and will continue to moan about it until the cows come home.
I think you’ll find it’s a dog running along the pitch, not a cow 😜
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Why do you get so vexed about it? Not a criticism but a genuine question
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 13 May 2021, 11:33

I don't know why he is so against it but personally I think it is a distraction to what is going on on the pitch. I also don't particularly like it but we must all give way to progress.
White G

Post by White G »

stumpy wrote: 12 May 2021, 04:56
bristleposh wrote: 11 May 2021, 10:15
Gaz_Miller wrote: 11 May 2021, 08:14 Bloody hell. A thread about being in the Championship & so far we’ve got disappointment that we’re not playing Rochdale followed by disgruntlement about electronic advertising.

We really do have small time fans supporting this club.

...and the usual suspect moaning about anything that anybody else writes about.

For my two penneth, I might make 11 or 12 games next season, provided the dreaded computer doesn't stick them on a Tuesday night, (if Barnsley get promoted then it's 12 if not 11)
He's right though isn't he :-)
Yea, yes he is! If it was somebody else who made the comment, Bristle wouldnt have responded. Anything to have a go at the anti-clique!
ashman

Post by ashman »

White G wrote: 13 May 2021, 13:39 Yea, yes he is! If it was somebody else who made the comment, Bristle wouldnt have responded. Anything to have a go at the anti-clique!
There is no anti-clique because there is no clique. There are just a few people who agree with a few others and other people that agree with a few others. Neither makes a clique! It's not .net you know!! Any further mention of s**t stirring cliques will be deleted!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

It's defintely not .net - the mods watch Posh for a start
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

ashman wrote: 13 May 2021, 12:10
HantsPosh wrote: 13 May 2021, 11:33

I don't know why he is so against it but personally I think it is a distraction to what is going on on the pitch. I also don't particularly like it but we must all give way to progress.
I pay my money to watch a football match, not to watch a flickering screen displaying adverts; I find electronic advertising a very annoying distraction. Obviously I’m in a minority because nobody else seems to be bothered so I’ll keep my moans to myself. :oops:
Is it really progress?
ashman

Post by ashman »

Wilco wrote: 14 May 2021, 08:51 Obviously I’m in a minority because nobody else seems to be bothered so I’ll keep my moans to myself. :oops:
Is it really progress?
I guess it probably is! :wink:
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Whatever happens to Derby as a result of their financial shenanigans is likely to benefit us. If they’re relegated, then presumably Wycombe will avoid the drop; if they suffer a points deduction (as Sheffield Wednesday did this season), then we will have a head-start on them.
ashman

Post by ashman »

I've had my moan about electronic advertising. I'm going to forget about it now and leave it alone from now on!
Like you, I am eagerly awaiting any new signings and am looking forward to the fixtures next year. I hope that we will be able to attend away games, although I'm not overly optimistic that they will go ahead.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

More importantly will all the Posh games that are in the league and not televised be on iFollow.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 16 May 2021, 07:41 More importantly will all the Posh games that are in the league and not televised be on iFollow.
No idea, but I bet all the televised games will be on bloody Sky too! That means subscribing to the scumbags! :twisted:
Scott Welland

Post by Scott Welland »

I'm just looking forward to being able to go through a turnstile and cheer my team on again.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Scott Welland wrote: 16 May 2021, 11:51 I'm just looking forward to being able to go through a turnstile and cheer my team on again.
:clap: I think that all the inactivity we have endured may make that a touch difficult! :wink: :lol: