Next season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Next season

Post by ashman »

First few games? Thoughts on playing at weird times? Which games are you looking forward to? How will your head cope with losing more than winning? Who of the present squad will be regular starters? Lots of questions, some of them imponderable but a really interesting season to look forward to next year!!
I can't wait - UTP!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Brianposh

Re: Next season

Post by Brianposh »

Due to age and walking problems unfortunately I personally will have to pick and choose the away games very carefully before booking.
The fixture list will be interesting for sure. Home games should not be a problem. I have friends to consider of course.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Brianposh wrote: 10 May 2021, 08:25 Due to age and walking problems unfortunately I personally will have to pick and choose the away games very carefully before booking.
The fixture list will be interesting for sure. Home games should not be a problem. I have friends to consider of course.
Being in the Championship means all midweek games will be on TV via the SKY Red Button or App, quite handy when you're considering whether to travel to Huddersfield on a Tuesday night in January!
ashman

Post by ashman »

At least the first game won't be Rochdale (a) :clap: :wink:
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

ashman wrote: 10 May 2021, 08:55 At least the first game won't be Rochdale (a) :clap: :wink:
Actually will be sad to miss that game. Great Club and people.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 10 May 2021, 12:03
ashman wrote: 10 May 2021, 08:55 At least the first game won't be Rochdale (a) :clap: :wink:
Actually will be sad to miss that game. Great Club and people.
True enough, but I think we have been saturated recently with our time at Spotland or should I say The Crown Oil Arena. Will definitely miss the best Fish and Chips in the league!
ashman

Post by ashman »

Perimeter advertising!!

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/may/l ... installed/

Ok, unless that bloody dog is allowed near the touchline!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

ashman wrote: 10 May 2021, 19:07 Perimeter advertising!!

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/may/l ... installed/

Ok, unless that bloody dog is allowed near the touchline!
That’s something I’m not looking forward to.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Bloody hell. A thread about being in the Championship & so far we’ve got disappointment that we’re not playing Rochdale followed by disgruntlement about electronic advertising.

We really do have small time fans supporting this club.
"We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness." -- Booker T. Washington
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 11 May 2021, 08:14 Bloody hell. A thread about being in the Championship & so far we’ve got disappointment that we’re not playing Rochdale followed by disgruntlement about electronic advertising.

It's worse on the other message board.
They are all talking about how few games we'll win.
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

It gets even worse. We had a video call with the grandsons yesterday. They were looking forward to seeing us spank some big clubs regularly at LR next season. They made that assumption based on this season's performance.
I had to spend around 10 mins explaining that it might not quite happen exactly as they were hoping and that there was the distinct possibility we may not get back-to-back promotions. "Not impressed" doesn't even come close lol
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 11 May 2021, 08:14 Bloody hell. A thread about being in the Championship & so far we’ve got disappointment that we’re not playing Rochdale followed by disgruntlement about electronic advertising.

...and the usual suspect moaning about anything that anybody else writes about.
For my two penneth, I might make 11 or 12 games next season, provided the dreaded computer doesn't stick them on a Tuesday night, (if Barnsley get promoted then it's 12 if not 11)
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 11 May 2021, 10:15

For my two penneth, I might make 11 or 12 games next season, provided the dreaded computer doesn't stick them on a Tuesday night, (if Barnsley get promoted then it's 12 if not 11)
He's right though isn't he :-)
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 12 May 2021, 04:56
bristleposh wrote: 11 May 2021, 10:15

He's right though isn't he :-)
The comments about Rochdale plus the 'running dog' were purely ironic comments and were posted totally 'tongue in cheek!'
As bristle said '...and the usual suspect moaning about anything that anybody else writes about!'
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

I’m looking forward to reading about new signings and cant wait for the fixtures to come out.
I’m really looking forward to some great away days at Fulham, Birmingham, Sheffield United, hopefully Brentford, Bournemouth and Oxford.

I’m cautiously optimistic that we might stay up.

I’m not happy that we’re getting electronic advertising, I hate it with a passion and will continue to moan about it until the cows come home.