Retained list

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Retained list

Post by tonyp »

Should be interesting this year-
Fergie is due to hold one-on-one meetings with his players tomorrow with a retained list expected to be revealed soon after the Doncaster match.
Some of those playing at Doncaster will probably not be on the retained list.
Any suggestions?
Gyollai, Eisa, RJJ on the transfer list?
Gaz_Miller

Re: Retained list

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll put Reed on the list. No way RJJ will be on it, they have high hopes for him.

Gyollai has to go. Eisa will be interesting as they need some money for him but who will spend big on him?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 07 May 2021, 08:21 I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll put Reed on the list. No way RJJ will be on it, they have high hopes for him.

Gyollai has to go. Eisa will be interesting as they need some money for him but who will spend big on him?
I hope you are wrong too as I think Reed would find more space in the Championship and would flourish. He is still a young lad and will only get better!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Surely Broom, FB-T, Mason & Tasdemir will be on their way?

I think Eisa will stay especially if we flog JC-H (which I definitely would as I think he's just had a Washington & Marriot flash in the pan season). Who's to say Eisa wouldn't have had a similar season as JC-H if Fergie hadn't benched him all year and barely give him a chance.
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

I hope Hamilton is on the retained list. His 30 min cameo that helped get us promoted deserves that. That said, it would be as a squad player.
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

If we could get Jack Marriott to partner JCH, I’d keep him, but I doubt his effectiveness in a similar system in the championship without a whippet strike partner. JCH stock is at its highest I feel and he’d leave as a legend. Stay and be a duff in championship would taint his gargantuan season. Best result for both parties is he goes to bigger club (not difficult) in L1 and does same next season.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Why do people always want return for previous players, it wasn’t ultra successful with Williams, CMS, Boyd, Tomlin, et al, next people’ll be wanting Santos, Rowe and Newell, even Lopez
Last edited by bristleposh on 09 May 2021, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 08 May 2021, 22:40 If we could get Jack Marriott to partner JCH, I’d keep him, but I doubt his effectiveness in a similar system in the championship without a whippet strike partner. JCH stock is at its highest I feel and he’d leave as a legend. Stay and be a duff in championship would taint his gargantuan season. Best result for both parties is he goes to bigger club (not difficult) in L1 and does same next season.
No way should we be looking at Jack Marriott. One season wonder.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

No way. Bit harsh. He was a 1st and only season wonder for Pboro. JM still only 26 but appreciate injury prone. We got the best out of him and he has championship experience. Scored against United in Cup as well.I believe JCH and JM could keep us up. Do you have any better suggestions?
Sheriff Fatman

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

Maybe the Sherry has taken effect. I await both your responses when you are able? UTP !
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Sheriff Fatman wrote: 09 May 2021, 00:03 Maybe the Sherry has taken effect. I await both your responses when you are able? UTP !
I think limiting your ambition to players who have not been massively successful at the higher level, may limit your ability to stay in that league. We will probably have to rely on a few loan signings, would Man City let Liam Delap go out on loan what a prospect he is. Having watched today’s game a couple of our young players may be good enough to perform at that higher level, especially Edwards and Jones.
they're a prat!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

I seem to remember that in 2011 we parted company with James Wesolowski, Chris Whelpdale and Charlie Lee shortly after the Old Trafford triumph, so I expect to see a few heart-tugging departures in the next few days.

I don't know any of the circumstances of Gyollai's absence at Doncaster, but if he was fit and available, it seems that he hasn't been treated very sensitively; Blackmore's appearance underscored the 'anyone but Gyollai' message.

I suspect that Reed will be on his way, also.

Tasdemir and Kanu may also be told that, in the short term at least, their future is not in the Championship.

FB-T is unlikely to be in the line-up next season.

Broom is likely to be made available for transfer.

If Brown were available on a free transfer, I feel he'd be a good acquisition: his ball-retention disposition may be more suited to some of the match-ups we'll encounter in the Championship, where avoiding defeat may be a more realistic object than actually winning.
ashman

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 09 May 2021, 15:14 I seem to remember that in 2011 we parted company with James Wesolowski, Chris Whelpdale and Charlie Lee shortly after the Old Trafford triumph, so I expect to see a few heart-tugging departures in the next few days.
I don't know any of the circumstances of Gyollai's absence at Doncaster, but if he was fit and available, it seems that he hasn't been treated very sensitively; Blackmore's appearance underscored the 'anyone but Gyollai' message.
I suspect that Reed will be on his way, also.
Tasdemir and Kanu may also be told that, in the short term at least, their future is not in the Championship.
FB-T is unlikely to be in the line-up next season.
Broom is likely to be made available for transfer.
If Brown were available on a free transfer, I feel he'd be a good acquisition: his ball-retention disposition may be more suited to some of the match-ups we'll encounter in the Championship, where avoiding defeat may be a more realistic object than actually winning.
Wesolowski and Charlie Lee were never going to be good enough for the Championship and Whelps similar (shame as he was one of my all time favourites!)
I hope Reed stays as he will definitely find more room in the Championship and is still a relatively young lad who is improving all the time.
Kanu has been here too long and passing judgement on Tasdemir is difficult as we have hardly seen anything of him, although he did show a lot of promise.
FB-T and Broom are of the same ilk. Whenever a club signs players they are bound to get it wrong occasionally.
Brown is the big one for me. He is the only player that we could say would be able to do well in the Championship in those you have mentioned.
Goalkeeper - who knows?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Dmac said online that there were 2 lists of players the club were looking at keeping, transfer-listing and buying depending on whether we got promoted.
1 list has gone through the shredder now. Looking forward with optimism about what comes out over the coming days and weeks
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 09 May 2021, 16:15
Brown is the big one for me. He is the only player that we could say would be able to do well in the Championship in those you have mentioned.
Brown wasn’t good enough for Huddersfield in the Championship, in fact he hasn’t played at that level since 2016 for Birmingham, only a handful of games over four seasons. Personally I’d prefer us to keep Reed and Hamilton, but as you say if he’s free he seems to fit in well.
they're a prat!