Retained list

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Steamy Nin

Re: Retained list

Post by Steamy Nin »

I reckon Dwight Gayle will play in the Championship next year, it would be great to have him back.
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

Some players will leave this summer. Broom, Tasdemir, FBT and maybe Eisa.
I think keep JCH will be a good thing. His season is impressive. But I think he will need another striker next to him... Not a good idea to get back a striker like Marriott or Tomlin for example.

Team will need experience of championship because I think anyone has in the group...
I think team need a center back, one or two midfielders, one winger and one striker who know Championship league.

Currently, players who have level to play in championship are Pym, Kent, Butler, Reed, Hamilton, Brown, Szmodics, Dembele, Ward and maybe JCH if he has another striker front with him.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

To be announced tomorrow (Tuesday) but highly expected that Mason, Blake-Tracey & Louis Reed will be let go.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Steamy Nin wrote: 09 May 2021, 20:21 I reckon Dwight Gayle will play in the Championship next year, it would be great to have him back.
Papers say Dwight has been re-signed by Newcastle. Lee Tomlin recovered from long injury is now back on Cardiffs sub bench.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
dunc

Post by dunc »

So there we have it, no surrprises really -
Players released - Louis Reed, Niall Mason, Frazer Blake-Tracy, Sam Cartwright, Archie Jones, Brad Rolt
Players on transfer list - Mo Eisa, Serhat Tasdemir, Ryan Broom, Daniel Gyollai
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Abslutely gutted about Reed - the others not so bothered. I had no idea that Broom cost us £350k - who on earth rated him that highly?

And didn't Tasdemir cost £700k? Boy, we do waste ome money.
Last edited by Gaz_Miller on 11 May 2021, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Fergie will spend money replacing Reed with a player just as good and no better but he was an Evans signing so his face doesn't fit, decent squad player. The way he treated Gyollai & Eisa especially was appalling. Eisa was dropped for Fergie/DMaC's pet JC-H despite scoring goals in the curtailed season and the never given a chance this one.

Brown has obviously gone back to his parent club so that's 2 midfielders we need. Not sure who will pay ££ for Tasdemir or Broom tbh.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I would hope we sign at least two midfielders, a couple of defenders, and at least one striker, obviously, unless the intention is to go with Blackmore as a second-choice keeper we need a backup for Pym.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

With the exception of Louis Reed who looks very tidy on the ball and would possibly have more time in the championship, no real surprises. If we paid £350k for Broom, we need our heads examined and Tadsemir never looked above non-league...FBT failed to kick on and Eisa might fight his way back into the reckoning especially if we fleece someone with a JCH sale....

The youngsters will need to step up and I fear that we have too many players that are too good for league 1 but not good enough for the championship (Pym, Thompson, JCH, Szmodics and even Reece Brown, maybe even my favorite, Joe Ward, Beevers, Butler)....some might be able to step up but we need some strong signings over the summer....

Taylor, Kent, Dembele and a two or three from the list above as well as a couple of youngsters (Edwards, Burrows, RJJ?, Flynn Clarke) will give us a core of a team able to compete....