THIRD TIME LUCKY MAYBE?

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

THIRD TIME LUCKY MAYBE?

Post by ashman »

35 years ago today

Wrexham V Posh - May 1st. 1978 - Welsh dwarf Dai Davies keeps the Posh from winning the game to get promotion to League One (Championship) Score remained 0-0 at full time.

Crystal Palace v Posh - 4th. May 2013 — Mile Jedinak's 89th-minute header sealed a place in the Championship play-offs for Palace and relegated us back into League One. Lost 3-2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22320597

Posh v Lincoln - 1st. May 2021 - Posh just need a point to get promoted. Will it be third time lucky?

Comments and memories from these games??
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Re: THIRD TIME LUCKY MAYBE?

Post by tonyp »

Wrexham V Posh - May 1st. 1978
We were in the third division hoping to get promotion to the second division.
Wrexham were champions. If we had scored just one goal Wrexham would still have been champions and we would have been promoted.
Crystal Palace v Posh - 4th. May 2013
Everybody will remember that one - especially Fergie.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

Bloody hell. I wish people would stop mentioning that Wrexham game,. I remember it so well, towards the end if the game, Tommy Robson shot, Dai Davies dived the wrong way but it hit his legs and went over the bar. I’ve been wondering what if for over 40 years :(
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Wilco wrote: 01 May 2021, 22:32 Bloody hell. I wish people would stop mentioning that Wrexham game,. I remember it so well, towards the end if the game, Tommy Robson shot, Dai Davies dived the wrong way but it hit his legs and went over the bar. I’ve been wondering what if for over 40 years :(
Maybe you stop wondering "what if", Wilco.
We will now be in in the second division again. Let's hope we can stay there until we move upwards.
OBM

Post by OBM »

Wilco wrote: 01 May 2021, 22:32 Bloody hell. I wish people would stop mentioning that Wrexham game,. I remember it so well, towards the end if the game, Tommy Robson shot, Dai Davies dived the wrong way but it hit his legs and went over the bar. I’ve been wondering what if for over 40 years :(
Ditto
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

OBM wrote: 02 May 2021, 09:14
Ditto
Ditto
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

If we are to be “lucky” and not just survive next season, but also lay down a policy that will sustain us in the the Championship long term, Darragh and his co-directors, together with Barry and Fergie, will have to adjust their current and long held policy of selling our best assets and rebuilding with more young players with potential.

We need to have 2 or 3 players of sufficient quality and experience of playing at this level to add some know-how to the team. If it costs more than we are used to either in transfer fees or wages, so be it. We are either serious about staying in the Championship or not.

If not, with the current squad shorn of its best players, we will be straight back down and almost certainly with less points than Wycombe have achieved this season.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Hopefully if Leicester think it's the right time to cash in on Knight perhaps...
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

If Sheffield Wednesday are relegated, perhaps Barry Bannon?