JCH League One Player of the Season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

JCH League One Player of the Season

Post by tonyp »

Jonson Clarke-Harris says winning the Sky Bet League One Player of the Season Award ranks "top" of his personal achievements during his career so far.

The Peterborough United striker saw off competition from Sunderland AFC's Charlie Wyke and Hull City's George Honeyman during Thursday evening's 2021 EFL Awards, which were broadcast live on Sky Sports Football.

Having scored a division-high 29 league goals for the Posh this season prior to receiving his award, Clarke-Harris spoke to reporters after the event.

“This one’s top, for me, and it would mean even more if we can win promotion at the weekend," he said.
Congratulations JCH.
bristleposh

Re: JCH League One Player of the Season

Post by bristleposh »

Well done, it’s a team game but these awards are there to celebrate those that stand out from the crowd
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

Congratulations to Jonson.
ashman

Post by ashman »

As Jonson himself says, "“It is a great personal achievement for me to win this award, but the real target I had at the start of the season and still have is to get this club promoted to the Championship and we are so close. For me, when you win an award, you firstly have to thank your team-mates. You are only as good as those around you. I am in a team that is creating chances every week, it is my job to put them away and I have been fortunate that I have managed to do that regularly this season."
Well done Posh, once again, for providing some of the outstanding players in the division!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Post by ashman »

.... and now the Golden Boot to add to his trophies!

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/may/c ... lden-boot/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Well done JC-H, I'm glad I was proved wrong although I still maintain Eisa could have had a similar season with the same backing from Fergie. That said JC-H so he'd deliver and he did so fair play to him.

In terms of the fans player of the year with the club I went for Joe Ward, keeps improving year on year very rarely lets us down and came from Woking for a few quid so has vastly exceeded expectations I'd say.