POSH v LINCOLN CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

AndoverPoshFan

Re: POSH v LINCOLN CITY

Post by AndoverPoshFan »

Well what can I say!!!

Ifollow issues means I didn't watch it. I could have purchased when one nil down and 40 mins in the game. I didn't bother as I thought it was going downhill.

Silly silly mistake for which I will regret for some time

So glad the team did it. What a season!!

P.s. Sammie is a ledg for that pen!!! Hahahaha
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

JohnC wrote: 01 May 2021, 14:35 One unfortunate consequence of the way the Doncaster game played out is that Appleton may be less inclined to call off the dogs should Lincoln go behind in the first half. Against Shrewsbury, Bridcutt and Hopper played forty-five minutes each, though Grant played the full game. Ideally, we want to put Lincoln into a position in which they think more about managing the fitness of their players for the play-offs than the outcome of today's game.
In a back-to-front way, this played out in our favour. Bridcutt, on a yellow card, was substituted on 64 minutes. We know what ensued thereafter.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

JohnC wrote: 02 May 2021, 13:31
JohnC wrote: 01 May 2021, 14:35 One unfortunate consequence of the way the Doncaster game played out is that Appleton may be less inclined to call off the dogs should Lincoln go behind in the first half. Against Shrewsbury, Bridcutt and Hopper played forty-five minutes each, though Grant played the full game. Ideally, we want to put Lincoln into a position in which they think more about managing the fitness of their players for the play-offs than the outcome of today's game.
In a back-to-front way, this played out in our favour. Bridcutt, on a yellow card, was substituted on 64 minutes. We know what ensued thereafter.
I hadn’t noticed that it was also noticeable how much we improved after Taylor went off and Hamilton came on.
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

AndoverPoshFan wrote: 01 May 2021, 22:15 Well what can I say!!!

Ifollow issues means I didn't watch it. I could have purchased when one nil down and 40 mins in the game. I didn't bother as I thought it was going downhill.

Silly silly mistake for which I will regret for some time

So glad the team did it. What a season!!

P.s. Sammie is a ledg for that pen!!! Hahahaha
Sammie is a ledg for a lot of things (his performance in the 4-1 at Ipswich last season amongst them) but NOT for that dive as it was embarrassing and blatant cheating. Can you imagine the uproar if we’d been on the other end of a decision like that, not sure everyone would be so accepting then.
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 02 May 2021, 19:42 Sammie is a ledg for a lot of things (his performance in the 4-1 at Ipswich last season amongst them) but NOT for that dive as it was embarrassing and blatant cheating. Can you imagine the uproar if we’d been on the other end of a decision like that, not sure everyone would be so accepting then.
Disagree with that. Watch the incident again and realise that Sammie was pushed in the back before going over. Penalty. The ref was in the perfect position to see just that.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 03 May 2021, 09:32
HantsPosh wrote: 02 May 2021, 19:42 Sammie is a ledg for a lot of things (his performance in the 4-1 at Ipswich last season amongst them) but NOT for that dive as it was embarrassing and blatant cheating. Can you imagine the uproar if we’d been on the other end of a decision like that, not sure everyone would be so accepting then.
Disagree with that. Watch the incident again and realise that Sammie was pushed in the back before going over. Penalty. The ref was in the perfect position to see just that.
I've also watched it a few times.
Sammie was pushed. It was in the penalty are. It was a penalty.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Somebody came up with a video ofLincoln winning a penalty that was far worse than that one, what goes around...
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 03 May 2021, 10:55 Somebody came up with a video ofLincoln winning a penalty that was far worse than that one, what goes around...
Two wrongs don’t make right Bristle and for anyone to say Sammie was ‘pushed’, please take off the Posh Official Club Shop blue tinted specs and watch it objectively again.

I just hope we stuff Donny next week and then it won’t matter.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

In this case two wrongs most certainly make it right.
they're a prat!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

This may be something of a minority view.

From today's PET:

It looked a dreadful decision by referee John Busby and TV replays didn’t alter that view leaving Lincoln boss Michael Appleton raging after the game.

Lincoln CEO Limam Scully contacted EFL referees’ chief Mike Jones soon after the final whistle and he’s had a reply according to Appleton.
“They’ve apologised for the decision,” Appleton told Lincolnshire Live. “I’m not surprised. It was that horrific, they couldn’t do anything other than apologise. It doesn’t change anything. It wasn’t a good day for the ref. It wasn’t a good day for us as a club.”
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

JohnC wrote: 03 May 2021, 15:44

From today's PET:

It looked a dreadful decision by referee John Busby and TV replays didn’t alter that view leaving Lincoln boss Michael Appleton raging after the game.

Lincoln CEO Limam Scully contacted EFL referees’ chief Mike Jones soon after the final whistle and he’s had a reply according to Appleton.
“They’ve apologised for the decision,” Appleton told Lincolnshire Live. “I’m not surprised. It was that horrific, they couldn’t do anything other than apologise. It doesn’t change anything. It wasn’t a good day for the ref. It wasn’t a good day for us as a club.”
I thought so live and I haven't changed my mind watching over again, it was on of the worst penalty decisions I have witnessed in over 40 years....I also thought that the "free kick" that Palace were awarded 8 years ago was a terrible decision so, I'm not feeling too guilty about it...if I were a Lincoln supporter, I would be apoplectic...
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

stumpy wrote: 03 May 2021, 17:32
JohnC wrote: 03 May 2021, 15:44

From today's PET:

I thought so live and I haven't changed my mind watching over again, it was on of the worst penalty decisions I have witnessed in over 40 years....I also thought that the "free kick" that Palace were awarded 8 years ago was a terrible decision so, I'm not feeling too guilty about it...if I were a Lincoln supporter, I would be apoplectic...
Nobody pushed Sammie at all. He threw himself backwards into the player and hit the deck. It's what ANY player would do when their side are 3-2 down with a minute to go and need the point to guarantee promotion. Professional footballers do it every week so let's get over it.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

What Slabby said! And for those commanding Sammie, you can’t moan about it when it goes against us in the future which is the point I guess I’m trying to make.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

From 'Lincolnshire Live':

You had to feel for Anthony Scully at Peterborough on Saturday.

The Lincoln City forward scored an excellent brace – the second being an absolute cracker – to take his tally for the season to an impressive 17, level with Jorge Grant, who scored the Imps’ other goal from the penalty spot.

Early in added time, as Posh chased an equaliser, the Irishman was doing his bit at the other end, making an important interception in his own box.

Then came the decision which defined the game as referee John Busby inexplicably pointed to the spot after Sammie Szmodics hit the deck, despite Scully clearly trying to stay out of the way.

“I could see it was coming, I could see what he [Szmodics] was going to do,” said Scully.
I think everyone who has watched the video has come to the same opinion.
I’ve actually jumped out of the way because I could see what was coming, I knew he was going for a pen.

“I’ve tried to jump out of the way and the referee has made his decision. Nothing can be done now. We’ve just got to move on."'