POSH v LINCOLN CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: POSH v LINCOLN CITY

Post by HantsPosh »

What was the score? Nothing on the club website almost 90 minutes after the game finished!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

3-3. we're in the Championship!!
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

That was a draining 25mins
Truly incredible
UTP
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

At 3-0 I had given up and was almost ready to step on the Fergie out bus, I was just about to put my coat on and go for a walk when the first one went in and I was dancing round the room at the final whistle.
Didn’t look like a penalty to me but theirs was soft too and to be honest, I don’t care :D

As already mentioned, Hamilton was a game changer, just need to stop him shooting and he’ll be great asset, well done Fergie on finding another gem.
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2021, 17:17 At least by leaving it that late it stopped the brain dead from ruining it for everybody else. I won’t say we deserved it, but some of Lincoln’s misses were heaven sent.
..... and we had our share of misses too. Watched the penalty decision again and i reckon that the ref spotted the push into Sammie's back as he went down. A little 'iffy' but so was the decision by the EFL last season.
MOTM - all of them, but special mention to Hamilton, Dembele, Szmodics, Browne, Thompson, Butler and for JCH - taking that penalty in the manner he did was superb!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

ashman wrote: 01 May 2021, 18:59
bristleposh wrote: 01 May 2021, 17:17 At least by leaving it that late it stopped the brain dead from ruining it for everybody else. I won’t say we deserved it, but some of Lincoln’s misses were heaven sent.
..... and we had our share of misses too. Watched the penalty decision again and i reckon that the ref spotted the push into Sammie's back as he went down. A little 'iffy' but so was the decision by the EFL last season.
MOTM - all of them, but special mention to Hamilton, Dembele, Szmodics, Browne, Thompson, Butler and for JCH - taking that penalty in the manner he did was superb!
That penalty decision was very similar to the one given to Wycombe last year at Adams Park. Karma.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

It was an awful penalty decision and, until we had nothing to lose by going all out, we were not in the game at all....so pleased we got over the line because I think we were beginning to choke and had lost a lot of momentum...well done to Fergie and all at the club...we made hard work of it when I think we should have been where Hull are right now but, I'll take it....not sure what the squad looks like next year but I think a fair few will need to be upgraded...off for a beer now in sunny New York City :clap: :clap: :clap:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 01 May 2021, 18:59
Thompson had a poor game today and Szmodics was ineffective...Reece Brown excellent as was Ethan Hamilton
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

That game has 'aged' me big time. Posh will never change and I FULLY EXPECTED a game like that, my forecast was 3-2 for Posh.
We were nowhere good enough for most part, but did in the end show some guts. Well done Posh, now lets stay a few years in the Championship.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
matt404

Post by matt404 »

A truly remarkable afternoon! :comeon:

Got to be honest, I decided not to watch due to nerves. I caved in at the 60 minute mark. When I saw it was 0-3 I thought we’d blown it but these players well and truly proved me wrong. Absolute balls of steel from JCH. I had to watch through my hands. Was it a penalty? Probably not. Did Szmodics take advantage of the situation? Probably, but given the stakes, who wouldn’t? If it’s have been given against us I’d be fuming but right now I don’t give a monkeys. The Posh are going up!

It’s a 46 game season (take note Wycombe) so it’s be ridiculous to overemphasise that decision. These things balance themselves out over the season and lord knows we’ve had plenty of dodgy decisions given against us. To banish any Wycombe-esque conspiracy theories, let’s get at least a point against Doncaster and prove beyond any doubt we are worthy of what we’ve achieved.

See you in the Championship :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

stumpy wrote: 01 May 2021, 20:04 It was an awful penalty decision and, until we had nothing to lose by going all out, we were not in the game at all....so pleased we got over the line because I think we were beginning to choke and had lost a lot of momentum...well done to Fergie and all at the club...we made hard work of it when I think we should have been where Hull are right now but, I'll take it....not sure what the squad looks like next year but I think a fair few will need to be upgraded...off for a beer now in sunny New York City :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said. Not sure about the being being where Hull are but totally agree with the sentiments. Enjoy you beer 🍺
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

That's two Saturdays in a row when Lincoln have been undone by late penalties.
Heartbreaking, when you think about it.
Sniff.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Well, it wasn't the Kennedy assassination, nor was it 'The Eagle has landed', but I think we'll all remember what we were doing when the penalty went in.
Remembering what we did afterwards might be a little more challenging....
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I followed the game in bed and kept putting the laptop down and trying not to make a noise.
When it got to 0-3 I really thought it was all over. My prediction of a 3-2 Posh win was down the drain.
I cant believe that I fell asleep and when I woke up with a jolt and picked up the laptop there was the result. 3-3. Almost unbelievable!!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Just watched the highlights. Sam Parkin scathing of Sammie for that dive, but to be fair to him he did say we were robbed last season.
Now opened a bottle of red & im not going to bed until it’s all gone.

Up the Posh!!!
Last edited by Gaz_Miller on 01 May 2021, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru