POSH v LINCOLN CITY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

AndoverPoshFan

Re: POSH v LINCOLN CITY

Post by AndoverPoshFan »

Might as well sit on his back. Awful positioning from the defender. Slight nudge so knocked off balance. If he stays on his feet no penalty and probably no shot.

Call it what you like but Sammie has taken all the pressure and stress out of this week.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210502_113156_com.google.android.youtube~2.jpg
Screenshot_20210502_113156_com.google.android.youtube~2.jpg (121.5 KiB) Viewed 335 times
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

“They’ve apologised for the decision,” Appleton told Lincolnshire Live.
That's not what he said.
He said “ Basically, they’ve apologised for the decision,”
There's a huge difference between "Basically, they've apologised" and "They've apologised."
We don't know what was really said. They could have just said "Sorry if you didn't like the decision but that's the way the ref saw it."
Sammie turned to have a shot at goal and Scully pushed him in the back. The ref saw it and awarded a penalty. No apology needed.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Looked a clear penalty to me. Shame the ref didn't spot the foul on Thompson prior to their penalty.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

AndoverPoshFan wrote: 03 May 2021, 21:03 Might as well sit on his back. Awful positioning from the defender. Slight nudge so knocked off balance. If he stays on his feet no penalty and probably no shot.

Call it what you like but Sammie has taken all the pressure and stress out of this week.
I thought he'd put his elbow in his back but it was obviously a different part of his body, but as you know I can't tell my arse from my elbow.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
matt404

Post by matt404 »

Guess the dodgy penalty is irrelevant what with Lincoln losing to Charlton 3-0 :clap2:
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Barry Fry (as quoted in PET) “It was never a penalty in a million years."

Christy Pym (from YouTube interview): "It was never a penalty in a million years".

(He observed also:....as a team performance, it was an awful performance....")
ashman

Post by ashman »

matt404 wrote: 04 May 2021, 20:44 Guess the dodgy penalty is irrelevant what with Lincoln losing to Charlton 3-0 :clap2:
3-1
We thought we had a tough ending but ..........
It's going to be a nail biting ending on Saturday for Charlton, Portsmouth and Oxford!
I reckon Oxford, on goal difference!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

matt404 wrote: 04 May 2021, 20:44 Guess the dodgy penalty is irrelevant what with Lincoln losing to Charlton 3-0 :clap2:
Not so sure it would have been 3-1 last night had we not been awarded such a dodgy penalty in the last minute Saturday.

All irrelevant now, but it was a shocking decision. One of the worse I've ever seen given.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 May 2021, 08:04
Not so sure it would have been 3-1 last night had we not been awarded such a dodgy penalty in the last minute Saturday.

All irrelevant now, but it was a shocking decision. One of the worse I've ever seen given.
I HAVE SEEN VERY MANY, MANY TIMES WORSE, against us over the years.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 May 2021, 08:04

I take it AndoverPosh is on your ignore list or you would have seen that still photograph about five posts above, it certainly makes it look to me like a nailed on penalty, had it been to Lincoln I would have been very disappointed until seeing that picture, and then I would have accepted that it was a nailed on penalty. With VAR they use the technology to slow down the speed of the incident until eventually they stop the action, had that game been policed by VAR it would not have been overruled.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Brianposh wrote: 05 May 2021, 08:17
Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 May 2021, 08:04 it was a shocking decision. One of the worse I've ever seen given.
So have I. Not only in Posh games.
And so has Gaz if he's honest.
To say that was one of the worst decisions he's ever seen is the sort of comment you might expect from an opposition fan.
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 05 May 2021, 09:38
Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 May 2021, 08:04 it was a shocking decision. One of the worse I've ever seen given.
To say that was one of the worst decisions he's ever seen is the sort of comment you might expect from an opposition fan.
Haven't you worked him out yet? He just does this to get a reaction! Ignore him! :wink:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

tonyp wrote: 05 May 2021, 09:38
or someone who realizes it was never a penalty, a view shared by Pym, Fergie & DMac and do you not think the fact that we're debating it means it was a very poor decision
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

HantsPosh wrote: 05 May 2021, 13:07 or someone who realizes it was never a penalty, a view shared by Pym, Fergie & DMac and do you not think the fact that we're debating it means it was a very poor decision
Don't let people involved in professional football get in the way - it's the keyboard warriors who know nothing about the game you need to listen to :wink:
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 May 2021, 13:18
HantsPosh wrote: 05 May 2021, 13:07 or someone who realizes it was never a penalty, a view shared by Pym, Fergie & DMac and do you not think the fact that we're debating it means it was a very poor decision
Don't let people involved in professional football get in the way - it's the keyboard warriors who know nothing about the game you need to listen to :wink:
So we ignore you from now on! :wink: