POSH v DONCASTER ROVERS

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: POSH v DONCASTER ROVERS

Post by Gaz_Miller »

That’s a disaster. In total command & then completely outdone by their halftime sub.

Makes Lincoln incredibly difficult now as all the pressure on us.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 21:42 That’s a disaster. In total command & then completely outdone by their halftime sub.

Makes Lincoln incredibly difficult now as all the pressure on us.
It was a disaster. But Lincoln have to win three games including Posh and Charlton. Charlton will still be hoping for a play off place.
We only have to win (or even draw) one more game.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 21:33 Can we ever beat Doncaster?
Short memory syndrome, we did the double in 2015/16 mind you we had some excellent players then the winner coming in injury time by Ricardo Santos away from London Rd
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 22:04
Gaz_Miller wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 21:33 Can we ever beat Doncaster?
Short memory syndrome, we did the double in 2015/16 mind you we had some excellent players then the winner coming in injury time by Ricardo Santos away from London Rd
2015!!?? Whoopy doo!

What have they got over us?

Mind you, two nil up & we should have been able to see that out.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Two nil up, hit the bar twice, missed goodness knows how many sitters and when one of their players caught the ball played keepy uppy with his hands for about two minutes before throwing the ball out of the area and not being awarded a stonewall penalty.
they're a prat!
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

We still only play 45 minutes, first half good, second half total dross. We got what we deserved. Now we wait until Saturday, exciting 'aint it?
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

For the first time, it seemed to me that the pitch impeded our play; the players must have had fond recollections of the playing surface at The Valley.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Professional athletes shouldn't need 'bulletin-board material', but fewer fireworks and less talk of Christmas Eve wouldn't come amiss on Saturday.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I thought we looked a bit knackered after the first 30 minutes and the press was less intense and effective. Maybe the Charlton game took more out of us than we realized. 1 point from home games against Gillingham and Doncaster has us limping over the line a bit but, we are in a great position and should be a cracking game on Saturday. The pitch is disgraceful and doesnt help at all. Champagne on ice for Saturday :clap:
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

Just one point to get on next Saturday.
I think team could believe that will be easy yesterday. And nothing will be until the end.
And Lincoln to get automatic promotion has to win all matches and one of them is against Charlton. Charlton has a place to keep in the playoffs.
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 15:11 The pitch is disgraceful and doesn't help at all.
I don't think it has hindered us at all. At the beginning of any game it plays true without the 'bobbles' that you get from an all grass pitch. It has been rolled and watered between games and we have done very well on it since the mains water leakage way back to the beginning of January. We have won 10 games on that 'lousy' pitch, drawn 3 and only lost to Gillingham and Hull. As time goes on during a game the turf does tend to get churned up a bit, especially as it did against Donny and an incredible 'downpour!'

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/janua ... ge-issues/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ashman wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 19:26
stumpy wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 15:11 The pitch is disgraceful and doesn't help at all.
I don't think it has hindered us at all. At the beginning of any game it plays true without the 'bobbles' that you get from an all grass pitch. It has been rolled and watered between games and we have done very well on it since the mains water leakage way back to the beginning of January. We have won 10 games on that 'lousy' pitch, drawn 3 and only lost to Gillingham and Hull. As time goes on during a game the turf does tend to get churned up a bit, especially as it did against Donny and an incredible 'downpour!'

We are the best team in the league but the pitch hasn't helped and I think Fergie would agree wholeheartedly...we were always going to be winning games but, as many have said, we have been far from convincing and dominant in many games and, certainly not over a full game...
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 23:05
ashman wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 19:26

We are the best team in the league but the pitch hasn't helped and I think Fergie would agree wholeheartedly...we were always going to be winning games but, as many have said, we have been far from convincing and dominant in many games and, certainly not over a full game...
Just my opinion, but I think it must have helped, other teams come along and they don’t get the opportunity to get used to playing on it. Surfaces and distances make big differences, take as an example cricket where teams create the pitch to suit their own players, in India they like to play with spin and against spin so they take the pitch down so that it is very soft and dry allowing the surface to break up and crack, giving an advantage to the spinners, whilst in this country where we rely heavily on fast bowling we want the pitches hard with grass so the ball goes through quicker. It’s a huge advantage for the home nation. Likewise the London Road pitch although it probably doesn’t suit a decent footballing side, we are more used to the pace and the quirks of the way the ball behaves on it.
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 07:57 Just my opinion, but I think it must have helped, other teams come along and they don’t get the opportunity to get used to playing on it. Surfaces and distances make big differences, take as an example cricket where teams create the pitch to suit their own players, in India they like to play with spin and against spin so they take the pitch down so that it is very soft and dry allowing the surface to break up and crack, giving an advantage to the spinners, whilst in this country where we rely heavily on fast bowling we want the pitches hard with grass so the ball goes through quicker. It’s a huge advantage for the home nation. Likewise the London Road pitch although it probably doesn’t suit a decent footballing side, we are more used to the pace and the quirks of the way the ball behaves on it.
I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head. It doesn't look good but it has benefitted Posh quite a lot since it went awol!
Watch nearly all League One games and pitches, in general, are superb. Opposing teams are not well adjusted to play on our pile of mud! However, I do hope that the pitch will be sorted, back to its original superb surface, before the start of next season! A lot of dosh has been spent on it in the last two seasons.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'