POSH v DONCASTER ROVERS

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v DONCASTER ROVERS

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Doncaster Rovers Tuesday 27th. April (19:45)

REFEREE: SCOTT OLDHAM

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Nicholas Cooper and Anthony Da Costa

Fourth Official: Sam Purkiss
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Wilco

Re: POSH v DONCASTER ROVERS

Post by Wilco »

Looking forward to this one, 3 points and Fergie will be the first person in Posh’s history to get us automatic
promotion to the 2nd tier. Amazing feat for an average lower league manger......but I’m not going to applaud his achievements, he’s had more money to spend than Pep Guardiola and wherever he’s been, he’s the never built his own team. His success has always been based on players he’s inherited from the previous manger. This season he had loads of money to spend because big Steve (not Darragh) signed Toney, it’s the money from that sale that’s allowed us to build a million dollar strike force..... and I find it so hard to understand why we haven’t won every single game we’ve played, so sod you Darren, it’s Steve Evans we should be thanking for our success (hopefully, we are not there yet).
Up the Posh!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Wilco wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 20:05 Looking forward to this one, 3 points and Fergie will be the first person in Posh’s history to get us automatic
promotion to the 2nd tier. Amazing feat for an average lower league manger......but I’m not going to applaud his achievements, he’s had more money to spend than Pep Guardiola and wherever he’s been, he’s the never built his own team. His success has always been based on players he’s inherited from the previous manger. This season he had loads of money to spend because big Steve (not Darragh) signed Toney, it’s the money from that sale that’s allowed us to build a million dollar strike force..... and I find it so hard to understand why we haven’t won every single game we’ve played, so sod you Darren, it’s Steve Evans we should be thanking for our success (hopefully, we are not there yet).
Up the Posh!
'....will be the first person in Posh’s history to get us automatic promotion to the 2nd tier.'?

Didn't this happen in 2009?
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Though it hasn't always seemed so at the time, our progress through the last ten games has been largely as one might have hoped:
P10 W6 D2 L2 GF21 GA9 Pts 20 PPG 2. Two points a game is a recipe for success.

Thirteenth-placed Doncaster's recent form has not been so impressive:
P10 W1 D1 L8 GF7 GA19 Pts 4 PPG PPG 0.4
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Wilko.
I'm no fan of "twice sacked", but you might need to check our 2008-09 history. 2nd place with 89pts?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

perhaps he'll be the first manager to get us automatic promotion to the second tier twice. :D
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

bristleposh wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 22:38 perhaps he'll be the first manager to get us automatic promotion to the second tier twice. :D
Glad you all spotted my deliberate mistake :D
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Slabby wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 22:29 Wilko.
I'm no fan of "twice sacked", but you might need to check our 2008-09 history. 2nd place with 89pts?
wasn't that Steve Evans & his loyal pet Paul Raynor?
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

I wonder if Bursik has any useful information to impart on the basis of his eleven-game stint at The Keepmoat Stadium at the beginning of this season.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

From today's Doncaster Free Press:

'Butler (Interim player/manager Andy Butler) questioned the comparative fitness of the squad following Saturday’s defeat to Fleetwood Town and believes the youthfulness of the group has played a major role.

“I think we’re a really young side and if you look at teams around us they’ve got experience of managing games,” he said.

“A lot of the players we’ve got have not actually had full seasons.

“You can have a burnout of players, especially the young players, especially with the games coming thick and fast where you can’t have the full recovery.

“They're playing games now which they’ve never done before and they’re playing in such a tight schedule where you’re asking them to do things their bodies have never done before.

“They are still young players. Looking at that and lots of teams have strength in depth that we just don’t have at the moment.

“We’ve got a really young bench and I think we’ve lacked this season in recruiting experience.”
Rovers were outfought and outran by Fleetwood on Saturday as they turned in an incredibly lethargic performance in the 1-0 loss.

Though he has concerns over fitness and energy levels, Butler is pressing on with preparations for arguably the toughest game of his tenure as boss with Rovers set to visit title-chasing Peterborough United on Tuesday.

And he says there can be no let up from his players.

“I spoke to the players after the game and told them they needed to recover properly and focus on Tuesday,” he said.
If you think the season is over then you’re mistaken because we’ve got four very tough games.

“You’ve got two teams fighting for promotion and one of them is virtually there.

“And you’ve got one fighting to stave off relegation.

“If you think your holidays are already here, you’re mistaken.

“These games are tough and they’re tougher than the ones you’ve already played.
Peterborough are on a fantastic role but we have to go there now and try to finish the season on a positive note.

“If we can upset their title charge then it’s up to us. That’s what we’ve got to go there to do.

“It’s a challenge for the players.”
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

HantsPosh wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 10:10
Evans was at Crawley at that time. Stick to slagging off lockdown measures
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/april ... upporters/ The club appealing to the brain dead to stay away. Fat chance, the majority still don’t believe COVID is real
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Slabby wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 17:49
HantsPosh wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 10:10
Evans was at Crawley at that time. Stick to slagging off lockdown measures
Stick to hiding in terror under your Steve Evans branded duvet set (superking size of course).

I thought your cuddly uncle Stevie was responsible for everything good that has ever happened to Posh?
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 13:43 https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/april ... upporters/ The club appealing to the brain dead to stay away. Fat chance, the majority still don’t believe COVID is real
Maybe they can all gather INDOORS Bristle in a Shopping Centre or on a PUBLIC Sports ground where the virus won't get them but as the Posh Ground is private land the virus will have them for sure :?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 15:29
bristleposh wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 13:43 https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/april ... upporters/ The club appealing to the brain dead to stay away. Fat chance, the majority still don’t believe COVID is real
Maybe they can all gather INDOORS Bristle in a Shopping Centre or on a PUBLIC Sports ground where the virus won't get them but as the Posh Ground is private land the virus will have them for sure :?
Alternatively they could act like adults and wait to celebrate when they are allowed to do so, just because one or two people don’t like the rules they are there for a reason
they're a prat!