Charlton v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wilco

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by Wilco »

stumpy wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 23:24
White G wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 21:27 2-0 Charlton I fear. Just have a feeling that Fergie could be found out here but hope I'm wrong!
Too much quality in the squad I think this year even if Fergie is outsmarted
Give it a rest
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

How unlucky was Sammie, one brilliantly saved and another at full strength hitting the post
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

What a fantastic result and one I wasn’t expecting. Thought we were excellent for 20 mins but we were never going to get it all our own way.
Penalty was nailed on but great save from Bursik.
I thought Steve Evans was back in charge during the second half as we sat deep and defended without creating much going forward. However, we did have a couple of chances which is more than you could say for Charlton. They were much better to watch than when they came to London road and it made for a good game. My nerves were shredded by the end.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Wilco wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 19:13 What a fantastic result and one I wasn’t expecting. Thought we were excellent for 20 mins but we were never going to get it all our own way.
Penalty was nailed on but great save from Bursik.
I thought Steve Evans was back in charge during the second half as we sat deep and defended without creating much going forward. However, we did have a couple of chances which is more than you could say for Charlton. They were much better to watch than when they came to London road and it made for a good game. My nerves were shredded by the end.
Well, we were punting long balls with an irate Scotsman on the sidelines :wink:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 18:58 How unlucky was Sammie, one brilliantly saved and another at full strength hitting the post
I thought he should have scored when the keeper saved and the post one was just unlucky...however, will need to pop in one of those if we are in the championship
White G

Post by White G »

Great result, finally feeling confident now!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 21:45
bristleposh wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 18:58 How unlucky was Sammie, one brilliantly saved and another at full strength hitting the post
I thought he should have scored when the keeper saved and the post one was just unlucky...however, will need to pop in one of those if we are in the championship
My memory is not good, but thinking of a time when one of our front men had three surnames (Craig Mackail-Smith) the number of chances he squandered yet went on to play international football and be successful at the higher level, hopefully, our current three surnamed player and Sammie Szmodics can be successful at the higher grade
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!