Charlton v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Charlton v Posh

Post by tonyp »

Saturday 24th April at 3pm.
Ashman hasn't told us who the referees are yet but on the Official site it says "The match referee is Keith Stroud."
https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/april ... 24-apr-21/
On a Charlton Fans Forum https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thr ... ion-merged someone has said "Remember we've already lost the game due to the Ref."
Other comments on that forum include
"I have not seen a better attacking threat in this league this season than that of the Posh."
"Peterborough are not unbeatable, they carry a good attacking threat but are not brilliant defensively. It is a pity we didn't get Clarke- Harris and we will have to be vigilant. I can see them scoring and us scoring, I feel it will end in a draw."
"This will be a test - but they are beatable and but for 2 mistakes at their ground we may well have won."
ashman

Re: Charlton v Posh

Post by ashman »

Charlton Athletic v Peterborough United Saturday 24th. April (15:00)

REFEREE: KEITH STROUD

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Sam Lewis and George Byrne

Fourth Official: Alan Dale
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see anything but a defeat from this one. Just hope Hull beat Lincoln too to keep the pressure off.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Lets hope Charlton have used up their goals & stand put performance on Tuesday, a bit like we did against Accrington.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Adkins is a good manager at this level and has them fired up. We have looked a bit clueless when aggressively pressed by the opposition and I'm a bit worried about tomorrow. Having said that, we created a number of chances against Gillingham and, on another night, we would have snatched a draw...with Dembele, JCH and Szmodics hitting on the break, I see a 2-1 win for Posh :clap:
White G

Post by White G »

2-0 Charlton I fear. Just have a feeling that Fergie could be found out here but hope I'm wrong!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

White G wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 21:27 2-0 Charlton I fear. Just have a feeling that Fergie could be found out here but hope I'm wrong!
Too much quality in the squad I think this year even if Fergie is outsmarted
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

JCH .lovely
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Posh dominating this first 12mins
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Sammie had to score that. Excellent start though
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

What a save from bursik
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Unbelievable stop
― Unarine Ramaru
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Great save. Lincoln losing too. Full time please ref!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Fantastic start and Szmodics really should have made it two after a lovely strike from JCH as the route 1 stuff seemed to catch Charlton cold...bit of a struggle for the last half hour as we cant get hold of the ball and that penalty save is surely one of the highlights of the season....I'm a nervous wreck and the next goal is going to be very important....need Taylor and Hamilton to get a grip in the middle and Dembele needs to offer more (or Burrows on the left might be an option)....really good game....
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

We're doing ok at the moment with 10 men. Dembele offering very little but one piece of magic is always on the cards. Should be 3-1 up and out of sight.

:clap: :comeon: :clap: