Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: POSH v GILLINGHAM

Post by DaveLister »

bristleposh wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 07:31
White G wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 23:24
Gaz_Miller wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 22:22

I 100% agree with this. If we do go up I think it would easily be the worst promotion team I’ve ever seen at Posh.

I just really hope we don’t blow it because I really fear the consequences
I made a couple of comments on the poor standard this season but was shot down by a couple of clique members. Glad you see it too.
Perhaps you are shot down in flames because you are always negative. Try being balanced, obviously some on here wear blue tinted glasses, as do I before the start of each season, but you seem to pull on yellow and black striped (tinted) glasses, it would be interesting to know your user name on The Scum website where you obviously feel more at home.
Do you mean Whitey or Gaz, Bristle? :lol:
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

ashman wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 10:11
HantsPosh wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 09:46 Do we want to build a team or a stadium, I'm not sure a club with a small fan base like ours can do both in the days of FFP restrictions. For me, it would be Stadium then team
Are you paying? :D
I agree, it's a chicken and egg problem - i just hope we get it right! :comeon:
Stadium before team???
Who in their right mind will pay to sit on fancy new seats and watch their team get beaten because the owners like new concrete stands and comfy conference facilities? Get real.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Who in their right mind wants to sit on a wooden seat, covered in bird poop with no leg room and restricted views and pay £28 for the privilege? Get real!

The new stadium is how you attract new fans, sponsors and investors which whether you like or not is how teams thrive these days. Or you can watch you mate Steve Evans at Gillingham in a 'temporary' stand with no roof!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

HantsPosh wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 08:32 Who in their right mind wants to sit on a wooden seat, covered in bird poop with no leg room and restricted views and pay £28 for the privilege? Get real!

The new stadium is how you attract new fans, sponsors and investors which whether you like or not is how teams thrive these days. Or you can watch you mate Steve Evans at Gillingham in a 'temporary' stand with no roof!
So you're going for stadium before team then. New seats don't score goals.....decent players do. Sorry to point out the blatantly obvious