Standard in league 1

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Standard in league 1

Post by White G »

From what I've seen this season, the standard in League 1 has dropped considerably compared to say 2-3 seasons ago. What's everyone else's view?
ashman

Re: Standard in league 1

Post by ashman »

Just as good as it it ever is, if not better.The standards in physical sports are constantly improving over the years. It's just that you are, as usual, on another of your increasingly annoying anti-Fergie/Posh crusades! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
White G

Re: Standard in league 1

Post by White G »

ashman wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 06:21 Just as good as it it ever is, if not better.The standards in physical sports are constantly improving over the years. It's just that you are, as usual, on another of your increasingly annoying anti-Fergie/Posh crusades! :comeon:
Interesting response. To me though, the Championship is becoming far stronger compared to League 1. The top league 1 teams generally aren't that good, while promoted teams from League 2 aren't quite as hapless as they have been before. Things look grim for Swindon but Crewe & Swindon for example have held their own so far.

Maybe I'm wrong but previously there's been more strong teams towards the top of League 1.