Posh v Northampton

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Posh v Northampton

Post by DaveLister »

ashman wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 15:56
JohnC wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 14:27 Wishing local rivals out of (down from) the division we play in subtracts interest (and probably revenue) from our season.
On the day we win the EPL, I hope the Cobblers come second on goal difference, with Cambridge a close third.
:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:
Exactly what revenue do we enjoy while we're playing behind closed doors?
White G

Post by White G »

DaveLister wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 20:43
JohnC wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 14:27 Wishing local rivals out of (down from) the division we play in subtracts interest (and probably revenue) from our season.
On the day we win the EPL, I hope the Cobblers come second on goal difference, with Cambridge a close third.
If they get relegated, we 100% won't play them next season. Crowds could well be back next season, and derby games are more attractive all round. Surely this isn't too complicated Dave? I hope we're in the Championship anyway(in some ways), but I wouldn't want any rivals to fall or rise too far from us.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

DaveLister wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 20:43
The revenue that enables us to sign another GK outside of the transfer window :wink:
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

This from today's Northampton Chronicle & Echo:

Striker Alex Jones has joined Jon Brady's lengthy injury list and is a 'huge doubt' for Friday's derby at Peterborough United.
The 26-year-old has made five substitute appearances since joining last month and impressed off the bench against Bristol Rovers at the weekend, winning a late penalty.
He had been tipped to make his first Cobblers start at London Road on Friday evening but that now looks highly unlikely.
Steve Arnold, Mickel Miller, Jack Sowerby, Benny Ashley-Seal and Peter Kioso are all either out or doubtful for Saturday, while Mark Marshall continues to nurse a hamstring complaint.
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Now that's what you call a starting 11. Let's go!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Looking to better Hull's goal difference tonight and thinking a 9-0 win is on the cards :clap:
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

stumpy wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 19:30 Looking to better Hull's goal difference tonight and thinking a 9-0 win is on the cards :clap:
If that occurs, we're top tonight :clap:
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Need a goal to bring them out
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

At last! Using the wings and 1 for Sammie.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Get in!!!!

That should make them come out more too
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

Penalty Wobblers...... 1 - 1. ********
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Friggin Beevers!
Last edited by Gaz_Miller on 16 Apr 2021, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
― Unarine Ramaru
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

What was Beevers doing ???
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

We stopped playing after taking the lead. Think they could have had another penalty too, but no replay to confirm.

Never thought this would be easy tonight, but boy, do we make it hard for ourselves!?
― Unarine Ramaru
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

It's definitely hairdryer time. Just concentrate, pass it around and goals will come. No more long punts from Kent. Get Brown off, too may square/backward passes.