tonyp

Posh v Northampton

Post by tonyp »

New time to be advised.
Brianposh

Re: Posh v Northampton

Post by Brianposh »

No problem.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

It will be if they change it to Sunday, meaning we'll only have two days off unless they change the Tuesday fixture to Wednesday as well, far better to have a different kick-off on Saturday or a Friday evening kick-off
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 10:08 It will be if they change it to Sunday, meaning we'll only have two days off unless they change the Tuesday fixture to Wednesday as well, far better to have a different kick-off on Saturday or a Friday evening kick-off
A Friday or Sunday change are essentially the same. It doesn't really matter as it will be the same for all clubs. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist about this? :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

ashman wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 10:32
bristleposh wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 10:08 It will be if they change it to Sunday, meaning we'll only have two days off unless they change the Tuesday fixture to Wednesday as well, far better to have a different kick-off on Saturday or a Friday evening kick-off
A Friday or Sunday change are essentially the same. It doesn't really matter as it will be the same for all clubs. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist about this? :shock:
Fine for us as we’ve got 2 home games but what about clubs who have to travel and rearrange hotels and transport etc at very short notice?
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

It won't be the same for all clubs if the Saturday programme is moved forward to Friday: sixteen clubs (including Sunderland) have matches on Tuesday, 13 April. I wouldn't be too unhappy if Sunderland have to visit Wigan and Blackpool in the space of three days.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

JohnC wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 12:07
It won't be the same for all clubs if the Saturday programme is moved forward to Friday: sixteen clubs (including Sunderland) have matches on Tuesday, 13 April. I wouldn't be too unhappy if Sunderland have to visit Wigan and Blackpool in the space of three days.
Sunday to Tuesday = 2 days
Tuesday to Friday = 3 days

I take it you weren’t a maths teacher Dave.
they're a prat!
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

A kick off at 12pm or after 5pm would avoid clashing with the funeral and that would have little or no impact on what is already scheduled. I quite like early Saturday evening football, so a 5pm kickoff would be great.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

they're a prat!
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

A Posh win coupled with Wigan and Wimbledon improving could see Cobblers in the bottom four this weekend 😀
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

DaveLister wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 19:15 A Posh win coupled with Wigan and Wimbledon improving could see Cobblers in the bottom four this weekend 😀
And a Posh loss could see Cobblers and Posh both still being in the third division next season.
Let's just concentrate on Posh winning and forget about the consequences for Cobblers.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 13:30 https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/april ... ers-moved/

7.00.Friday makes good sense
And it reflects the likely scoreline as well.
But that's 4am Saturday here. I suppose that's better than a midnight kick-off.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

There are some things in life that are a constant source of comfort and in my lifetime, one of them has been that Posh have always been better than Cobblers.
I’m normally a pessimist but when it comes to games against that lot, I always expect us to win.
dunc

Post by dunc »

With Posh playing the following Tuesday, I am glad to see this Saturday's game brought forward to Friday evening.
White G

Post by White G »

2-0 or 3-0 to us I'd say! They haven't been scoring, should be 3 points if we turn up.