Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Posh v Northampton

Post by HantsPosh »

Now a 7.45pm kick off
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Northampton fans are calling this a "must win" game.
You have to feel sorry for them.
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:00 Northampton fans are calling this a "must win" game.
I feel sorry for them considering they consider it is a must win game. I hope that they go back to where they belong! :lol: :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I’ve still to read a comment from a Posh fan who doesn’t believe we won’t beat Northampton. Let’s hope we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:33 I’ve still to read a comment from a Posh fan who doesn’t believe we won’t beat Northampton. Let’s hope we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.
Bristleposh thinks we'll lose 0-2.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:33 I’ve still to read a comment from a Posh fan who doesn’t believe we won’t beat Northampton. Let’s hope we’re not getting ahead of ourselves.
Exactly. Who would have thought that Wigan, well into the relegation places before tonight, would beat Sunderland! I'm glad they did though!
ashman

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Northampton Town Friday 16th April (19:45)

REFEREE:
LEE SWABEY

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Paul Lister and Michael Chard

Fourth Official: Kevin Johnson
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Northampton have the worst away record in League 1.
They have played 20 games away from home and won only 3 of them, drawing 5 and losing 12. Goals For 17 Against 35.
At home Posh have the best record in League 1.
We have played 19 games at London Road winning 14, drawing 3 and losing only 2. Goals For 44 Against 15.
No wonder everybody expects Posh to give them a hiding.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 01:38 Who would have thought that Wigan, well into the relegation places before tonight, would beat Sunderland! I'm glad they did though!
Amazing really.
Before that game Wigan had the worst home record in the league. Played 19 Won 3 Drawn 5 Lost 11 Goals For 18 Against 36.
Sunderland were third best away from home. They had played 19 games away from home winning 10 drawing 8 and losing only 1. Goals For 32 Goals against 11.
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Hope we're not Gaz, it's definitely not a foregone conclusion although looking at both teams records and positions it should be. I feel this is our biggest game of the season so far as a Posh win will put us 8 points clear of Sunderland and level points with Hull come Saturday morning. A great chance to improve our goal difference as well which could be worth an extra point when all is tallied up. We could send out a massive statement and put the pressure on all of the others around us. Having said all that a 1-0 win will do me for starters.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 01:38
Exactly. Who would have thought that Wigan, well into the relegation places before tonight, would beat Sunderland! I'm glad they did though!
On the '6 games to go' thread, I posted
'Sunderland's next game is at Wigan, who must be feeling a little frisky after their four-goal romp at Doncaster'.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Wilco wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 23:39 There are some things in life that are a constant source of comfort and in my lifetime, one of them has been that Posh have always been better than Cobblers.
I’m normally a pessimist but when it comes to games against that lot, I always expect us to win.
I can remember the Cobblers' 1960s giddy ascent from Fourth Division to First (and their equally rapid descent) under Dave Bowen.

They pulled up a few trees when Graham Carr was manager.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:08
tonyp wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:00 Northampton fans are calling this a "must win" game.
I feel sorry for them considering they consider it is a must win game. I hope that they go back to where they belong! :lol: :comeon:
Wishing local rivals out of (down from) the division we play in subtracts interest (and probably revenue) from our season.
On the day we win the EPL, I hope the Cobblers come second on goal difference, with Cambridge a close third.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

The Cobblers are having their share of injuries at the moment, and might have five players unavailable for selection on Friday.
ashman

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 14:27 Wishing local rivals out of (down from) the division we play in subtracts interest (and probably revenue) from our season.
On the day we win the EPL, I hope the Cobblers come second on goal difference, with Cambridge a close third.
:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: