Christy Pym

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Christy Pym

Post by bristleposh »

tonyp wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 05:30
ashman wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 05:21 I would hate to see us get points deducted retrospectively for playing an ineligible player.
Blimey. Don't say things like that!
That really would be a catastrophe.
Judging by the way we have been treated over the years I would expect exactly that level of treatment, remember what happened in 1967-68, and more recently in 2019=20. It seems to be if they can do anything to stop Peterborough United advancing that is what they will do.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 08:03
Judging by the way we have been treated over the years I would expect exactly that level of treatment, remember what happened in 1967-68, and more recently in 2019=20. It seems to be if they can do anything to stop Peterborough United advancing that is what they will do.
[/quote]

Bit like Fergie will do anything to destroy players confidence and careers just so he can play with his new toys! I'm absolutely staggered by this and would fully expect Gyollai to move on at the end of the season.
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Why did Posh sign Gyollai if he is not considered good enough to deputise for Pym?

Not the first reserve g/k to receive poor treatment by DF - Joe Day, McKeown, Paul Jones come to mind. Were I Gyollai, I'd hand in a transfer request fairly quickly. Why stay at Posh if not to be given a chance?
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

PoshCynic wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 08:53 Why did Posh sign Gyollai if he is not considered good enough to deputise for Pym?
Maybe when he was signed he was considered good enough.
They weren't to know that his chance would come when we had seven games left that DMac expects us to win. Although as HantsPosh points out in another thread DMac has said he doesn't care about clean sheets.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

He and Blackmore have obviously been drawing their wages under false pretences, when Gyollai had Covid we even put Tyler on the bench in preference to the young lad.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

In the EFL Trophy game against Burton in September, Gyollai let in two goals which most posters on this board could probably have saved.
In the last ten games we've conceded thirteen goals, and I feel Pym could/should have saved six of them. The last one -- the free kick against Sunderland -- is debatable, as he may have been significantly hampered by his injury at that point.
Eisa was brought on four minutes after McGeady's goal, so Pym played a further eleven minutes with his injury. Did that time aggravate his condition? At any rate, it's clear that at this stage of the season, the manager has zero confidence in Gyollai.
If Bursik plays capably for the rest of the season, we might have managed a serendipitous upgrade at a vital position which has been causing concern in recent weeks.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

gotta love any post that includes the word serendipitous :clap:
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

If Dan has any sense and any ambition to play first team football, he has, imo, no option but to submit an immediate transfer request. To NOT do so would be tantamount to saying he's a 24yr old with no aspirations whatsoever.
I suspect that the club will know this and may be using this as an opportunity to offload him in preparation for championship football.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I agree or he could say a big f**k you to Fergie and see out the last year of his 2 year contract
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

JohnC wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 11:24 Am I alone in thinking that Ian Bennett is the best goalkeeper we've had over the past thirty years?
On the loan front, I thought Ian Feuer and Luke McGhee were pretty good.
Ian Bennett, Eric Steele, David Seaman all class, Joe Lewis was a very good goalkeeper as well as his career suggests...Fred Barber was very average but wore a mask so the fans loved him :roll:

I like the looks of this loanee....
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 15:51
JohnC wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 11:24 Am I alone in thinking that Ian Bennett is the best goalkeeper we've had over the past thirty years?
On the loan front, I thought Ian Feuer and Luke McGhee were pretty good.
Ian Bennett, Eric Steele, David Seaman all class, Joe Lewis was a very good goalkeeper as well as his career suggests...Fred Barber was very average but wore a mask so the fans loved him :roll:

I like the looks of this loanee....
He was faultless today. You won't see many better debuts! Well done Joseph!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

I think Barry should do a bit of quiet research on Josef for next (hopefully at higher level) season. Nice 2nd half save and looked very comfortable, in not a challenging game. Still feel sorry for Dan but it's a cut-throat world. Good luck for the future Dan.
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Very good debut , not sure where Stoke are getting a 30m valuation from though ...if he keeps clean sheets for the remaining games il be a fan for life though
ashman

Post by ashman »

blueboro wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 09:31 Very good debut , not sure where Stoke are getting a 30m valuation from though ...if he keeps clean sheets for the remaining games il be a fan for life though
I think that might be a touch of the Barry Fry's going on here. He is making sure that us fans don't clamour for him to sign the lad at the end of his term, because we are not going to be able to afford him!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

And we don’t need him as we have a first choice keeper who is more than good enough. Bursik shouldn’t be here and Gyollai should be in goal. Fergie’s justification for signing him was very poor and should have been refused by the League.

If Bursik gets sent off or injured in the first minute Gyollai will play as he’s on the bench, so if he’s good enough to be on the bench he should be starting.