Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Christy Pym

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:40
bristleposh wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:32
ashman wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:28
222 appearances for Aberdeen FC. The Posh boo boys destroyed Joe's confidence. The only thing for him do was to get away from us. He has been a great servant for Aberdeen and is the club's captain!
It wasn’t the Posh boo boys, it was his own form that left the building when he got injured, from that moment on he was more than useless.
Very, very harsh. You weren't even there!
...and you probably were, which having read enough from all the various forums you should be underlining my opinion on Lewis not denouncing it.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:28 222 appearances for Aberdeen FC. The Posh boo boys destroyed Joe's confidence. The only thing for him do was to get away from us. He has been a great servant for Aberdeen and is the club's captain!
100% agree. Joe has had a very good career. The Posh fans destroyed him, and I've still no idea why.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 15:30
ashman wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:28 222 appearances for Aberdeen FC. The Posh boo boys destroyed Joe's confidence. The only thing for him do was to get away from us. He has been a great servant for Aberdeen and is the club's captain!
100% agree. Joe has had a very good career. The Posh fans destroyed him, and I've still no idea why.
Like almost any football fans, they completely lost faith in him. Yes he did go through an awful spell of form after his injury but being so close to London Road he wasn't given a chance to get back his good form. Football fans the world over rarely show loyalty and Joe was one who just couldn't escape the criticism. It's a fact!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:46
ashman wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:40
bristleposh wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 13:32

It wasn’t the Posh boo boys, it was his own form that left the building when he got injured, from that moment on he was more than useless.
Very, very harsh. You weren't even there!
...and you probably were, which having read enough from all the various forums you should be underlining my opinion on Lewis not denouncing it.
If you are referring to .net and other social media forums, then you need to think carefully about who you really believe and whether or not a lot of them are actual Posh observers!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

We've had some great 'keepers - Mick Drewery, Eric Steele, Mark Tyler, Joe Lewis and a few others...Pym is very good but I'm not sure he could play at a higher level (excuse the heightist language :lol: )
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

stumpy wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 19:32 We've had some great 'keepers - Mick Drewery, Eric Steele, Mark Tyler, Joe Lewis and a few others...Pym is very good but I'm not sure he could play at a higher level (excuse the heightist language :lol: )
I wouldnt put Joe Lewis in the great keeper category. We've had far better keepers than him, including David Seaman, Fred Barber. Jonathan Bond, Tony Millington etc etc.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 20:53
stumpy wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 19:32 We've had some great 'keepers - Mick Drewery, Eric Steele, Mark Tyler, Joe Lewis and a few others...Pym is very good but I'm not sure he could play at a higher level (excuse the heightist language :lol: )
I wouldnt put Joe Lewis in the great keeper category. We've had far better keepers than him, including David Seaman, Fred Barber. Jonathan Bond, Tony Millington etc etc.
Jonathan Bond? Hmmm, not sure about that one.
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 22:17
pleasureboy60 wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 20:53
Jonathan Bond? Hmmm, not sure about that one.
Agreed about Bond. Fred Barber, although a wonderful character, could never be put into this same category IMO.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I see the other website is crying out for a loan signing, that would certainly send out the right message to young Gyollai. We’ve recently lost one prospect to retirement, went back to Ireland I believe
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 09:29 I see the other website is crying out for a loan signing, that would certainly send out the right message to young Gyollai. We’ve recently lost one prospect to retirement, went back to Ireland I believe
Irrelevant. It's what Fergie and the owners want, not what a few 'fans' from afar want!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Pym out for the season. Can someone remind me of the Luke Steele situation?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

JohnC wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 11:12 Pym out for the season. Can someone remind me of the Luke Steele situation?
Has already played for too many clubs this year apparently
they're a prat!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Am I alone in thinking that Ian Bennett is the best goalkeeper we've had over the past thirty years?
On the loan front, I thought Ian Feuer and Luke McGhee were pretty good.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I’ll agree with Bennett and Feuer, but McGoo, he was so far up himself, thought he was better than us now he’s been warming a bench for someone lower down the pyramid. I liked ginger beard, can’t remember his name but he had a brother earning his living doing the same job
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 11:31 I’ll agree with Bennett and Feuer, but McGoo, he was so far up himself, thought he was better than us now he’s been warming a bench for someone lower down the pyramid. I liked ginger beard, can’t remember his name but he had a brother earning his living doing the same job
Agree with that. Question is, 'What will Fergie do now Christy is out for the season?"