Christy Pym

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gazza8

Re: Christy Pym

Post by Gazza8 »

Gyollai will do the rest of season... Someone knows his level ? He comes from Wigan. How was he on his matchs in efl throphy ? He's secure or very worring ?
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gazza8 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 12:10 Gyollai will do the rest of season... Someone knows his level ? He comes from Wigan. How was he on his matchs in efl throphy ? He's secure or very worring ?
The first game he was very nervous, as you would expect, but in the second game he showed enough to be given a chance IMO.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I'd be surprised if the league gave permission for an emergency loan anyway as we have 2 other registered keepers & if Gyollai isn't picked to play what is the point in him being here. Back up keepers are used to not playing and match fitness isn't as big an issue as it would be for an outfield player. Presumably he's also played in the training ground friendlies they've arranged throughout the season. Seems a strange thing for Fergie to say tbh.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

HantsPosh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 13:30 I'd be surprised if the league gave permission for an emergency loan anyway as we have 2 other registered keepers & if Gyollai isn't picked to play what is the point in him being here. Back up keepers are used to not playing and match fitness isn't as big an issue as it would be for an outfield player. Presumably he's also played in the training ground friendlies they've arranged throughout the season. Seems a strange thing for Fergie to say tbh.
We do have permission because neither back up keeper has played (or something like that). Fergie has already confirmed he won't be using wither of them.

He also stated we have to go Championship or below for an emergency loan.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 11:31 I’ll agree with Bennett and Feuer, but McGoo, he was so far up himself, thought he was better than us now he’s been warming a bench for someone lower down the pyramid. I liked ginger beard, can’t remember his name but he had a brother earning his living doing the same job
Ben Alnwick. His brother is called Jak.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Ben Foster will be a very good stand in if we can afford him.
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 15:45 Ben Foster will be a very good stand in if we can afford him.
Not possible as he has already had three clubs this season!
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 13:30 I'd be surprised if the league gave permission for an emergency loan anyway as we have 2 other registered keepers & if Gyollai isn't picked to play what is the point in him being here. Back up keepers are used to not playing and match fitness isn't as big an issue as it would be for an outfield player. Presumably he's also played in the training ground friendlies they've arranged throughout the season. Seems a strange thing for Fergie to say tbh.
I agree. At least Dan would know the names of the defenders and also would be cognisant with the philosophy of the club. It's down to Fergie at the end of the day though!
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/april ... n-signing/

'Emergency' loan signing, presumably Fergie will need to sign another GK to be on the bench as he clearly doesn't rate Gyollai. But then again with Fergie having destroyed Mo Eisa's confidence last summer when he benched him for JCH he might as well do the same to Gyollai.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Slap in the teeth for Gyollai, however it is nice to know we were able to get in someone who is experienced at International, Championship and league one level
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 18:54 Slap in the teeth for Gyollai, however it is nice to know we were able to get in someone who is experienced at International, Championship and league one level
If we are two down at half time against Swindon Fergie will bring Gyollai on.
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 18:54 Slap in the teeth for Gyollai, however it is nice to know we were able to get in someone who is experienced at International, Championship and league one level
Such a shame for Dan (24 years old) to be replaced by a 20 year old! I understand that Busik is a lot more experienced in terms of league one appearances but it must still be a slap in his face. This is showing a determination from Posh that in former years would have not happened.
I'm surprised that Posh have been allowed to get Bursik in on an emergency loan as we have two available keepers who are fit on our books. I assume that both the FA and the EFL have sanctioned this move? I would hate to see us get points deducted retrospectively for playing an ineligible player.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 05:21 I would hate to see us get points deducted retrospectively for playing an ineligible player.
Blimey. Don't say things like that!
That really would be a catastrophe.
ashman

Post by ashman »